Amped HDS Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,
I am hoping that someone here can help me in my quest...
Some time ago I purchased one of 'Stones Sound Studios' speaker kits - the HDS 250 Floorstanders (MTM config).
My project is to make these beauties Active with installing an Amplifier into the base of each cabinet as there is a void of 290x260x170 (int) that would be suitable for this purpose.
I am looking at buying a decent Q surround Pre-Amp (suggestions would be great here too please) as I am not happy with many of the existing AV receivers that have integrated Amps... low power / Q / features etc. HENCE this project.
Although there is reasonable space for a large 'Good Q Amp' within the voids of speaker cabs - I do not want to go over-kill, I am thinking something like the Aussie Amps NX150... or poss. the ULD SC100. In either case Q is the goal not outright power.

Question time:

1) Is it possible to run either of these Amp boards with a single 300VA 35v+35v / 15v+15v sec - as well as 2 - 8,500mf caps (the above is per cabinet) ?

2) If I were to run lower power to the rails of these boards to be used in the CENTER and L+R REARS (again 3 separate boards) and used a 160VA Toroidal with say 30v+30v / 15v+15v sec and same caps as above... will this work ?

What would be the output in watts in both of the above?

Thank you for taking time to read this :)
Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.