Help identify PA board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everyone,

I have picked up the PA board below from the curb. I am wondering if it looks familiar to anyone, knows where is it coming from, or possibly has a schematics for it? There are no markings on the pc-board to identify the source.

It looks like that boards has two channels, with separate PSs for them. The PS caps are rated 200V and are 2200 uF each. The fuses for the individual PSs are rated 10A The finals are three paralleled 2SA1302/2SC3281 on each channel. The low level amplifier stages are based on NE5532s.

An audio repair shop went out of business and dumped all its leftovers for garbage pick up, that is when I acquired this board. Unfortunately all the equipment, boards, etc were damaged, boards broken, transformers removed. I picked it up and some others mostly for harvesting parts, components.

Thanks, Peter

Attachments

• pa_1.jpg
    pa_1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 190
Hi djk,

Thanks for the pointer, the board is indeed from an MX700 amplifier. I also downloaded the owner's manual from the same site to have a better understanding of its capabilities.

Now another question. Would it be worthwhile to build an amplifier from it or just keep it for parts?
I do have a big power transformer, though with lower rail voltages...

It looks like that the amp was in for repair, in one channel the final and driver transistors were replaced.

Thanks again for the help!

Peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.