Hafler DH 101 repair help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings-

I own a Hafler DH 101 preamp modified by Musical Concepts. It still work great except for one concern. The 5" plastic rectangular strip on the back that retains the RCA jacks has cracked vertically completely in one area (between tuner and aux rca jacks). This makes connecting a little tricky. Please let me know if there is some way for me to replace this myself. Is it an easily obtainable part? Is there someway for me to repair of fabricate a part from similar material?

The actual repair seems very easy to accomplish(easy enough for me to do). It is the part or a fabricated replacement that I need information on.

I have a fondness for both my DH 101 and 200 probably because I built and modified (Musical Concepts Kit) myself. A little information might allow me to keep enjoying them.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

diyAudioNovice

just try to find
same size piece of plastic
and replace

what kind of plastic is not very critical
as long as the insulation is kept intact

the plastic sheet makes electrical isolation for the RCA input

I have used 1.5 mm thick plastic. For mount my RCA.
Cut one piece from those things we use to scrape ice from Car windows.
You can get them for free at Swedish gas stations,
with some advertising logos on.
These plastic sheets are in the size ~ 100x100 x1.5 mm
and we use them frequently in our swedish winter days.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.