Nad 1300/2600 Monitor Series Amps - any good?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need a new amp to replace my Arcam Alpha, at least temporarily while I try to repair it. My wife's employer is auctioning off a Nad 1300 Monitor Series pre-amp and 2600 power amp. It's a blind auction so I would just have to send in a bid and hope for the best.

I have read some quite good reviews of these - any thoughts here? My speakers are B&W DM110's.

Assuming these are in decent condition, what would be a fair price for them?

Hi Trirod

I know of and have heard several 2600 AMps and I own a 1300 pre, but I have mine paired with the 2100 (50w). Barring the tastes of others, I would suggest that these are excellent units and compare well with units more than twice their price. They do have known issues though, for example NAD uses less than 'gold' quality parts so things like selector switches and pots will need cleaning (Deoxit) on occasion.

As for power and quality of sound, there are tons of reveiws online that speak better to their abilities than I could. I love NAD, they have a lovely rich sound and are capable of tremendous quality by replacing only a few critical parts.

Depending on the price of course, you can always do far worse than NAD.

Good luck.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.