Signal path Resistor Quality

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What about soldering in series 1000 cheap, ordinary metal film resistors, say 100 Ohm each, and connect this "cable of resistors" between pre- and power amp. Compared with a single 100k high-end resistor(compensated for the added inductance etc), would the effect still be too subtle to detect by superficial listening, or would the music drown in noise and be smeared out into "glaring" unrecognizability? This is what I would like to know!

(Unfortunately my sodering iron is defective, or I would have tried it out at once....)

(But to tell the sad truth I personally cannot help suspecting a very subtle difference, or no obvious difference at all, sorry).

P.S.
Or what about 10.000 resistors each 10 Ohm? That should enable one to study the effect close up, I think!
(Or perhaps a big number of mixed sizes would be better?).

At some point something must happen, so much is certain! (Very exciting to think about).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.