150 WAtt amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello friends,

I have two DVD players & one One TV receiver , I wanted to connect them to single Audio Amplifier, so i build a single unit with four line in to a mixer followed by a bass treble circuit and one 150WAtts amplifier.

For amplification purpose i Purchased the amp kit online frm kits-audio.com.

This amp uses +- 30 Volts DC (recomended +-45 volts DC but i dont want to take any chance he he he so i am using only + -30 volts DC)

I was surprised with the performance of the amplifier.

Attached is the picture of the whole unit.

NOw time to listen and enjoy best music .

Attachments

• amplifier.jpg
    amplifier.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 644
russo said:
I think that those wires are to tin to handle 5amps or more of current to product the supposed 150w

Hi russo,
yes you are right I forgot to change the wires for the power Supply with heavy gauge wires. I was testing with these thin wires and i assembled whole unit.

Feel lazy to remove everything out and change wires.

MAy be some day i will change it . In a hope if it melts i have reason to make a new more powerful amp he he he!!!!!!

I don't like the orientation nor the location of that output device heatsink.
Check operational temperatures until you are sure you are not overheating the outputs.

+-30Vdc supply rails might just about give 40W into 8r0 if the PSU is good.
60W into 8r0 requires 30.98Vpk and that is impossible from +-30Vdc.
150W into 4r0 requires 34.6Vpk into the load and worse needs near 25Apk capability for worst case reactive loading. A properly sized +-40Vdc PSU may just about support 150W into 4r0 but I can't vouch for the ability to play real 4ohm speakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.