Patent input selector by Z audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well its good to see some entheausiam!

1. If you want to patent this idea, esp. in EU, you must keep it secret until you file your patent Application-- i.e. don't tell us the circuit. I'd like to see it but of course it up to you.

2. It is not necessary to search for prior art.

I did an input selector using latching relays (kind of like Post #24 implies) and momentary pushbutons. Push a button and it SETs one relay and RESETs all the others. It is so simple, you don't actually need any active devices or clocks. And it remembers the last state when you turned it off because the latching relays keep their last state. The "diode matrix" does all the work (circuit on the bottom of This Page (BOSOZ)). The disadvantage is that you need latching relays, which may be tougher to find than regular relays (? not sure but I do know that my Quad latching relays (for balanced signals) were very hard to find and very expensive)

I'm glad you like this and that it is working! Nice job. Keep up the good work and don't let anyone here bring you down.

Hi Wojtek!
I know only Czesc on Polish and that learned in many radio contacts with Polish radioamateurs , because I am too a good station:Z37HWX!!!
Well I don't no too mach about Saa chip used in old Tv sets but i saw many times that just resistance touching howworks, sometimes when a little wet fly stops at the sensor can change the channel......I am joking a little!:D.
Also as you all can see my front switching panel I took from very old Hitachi system made somewhere in the early 80-ties.That was originaly by conductive rubber just like remote controls, what I did is a big mechanical job to fixed on a PCB under the knobs just momentary switches, and make the very precise tolerance from the knobs.
But this input selector can also work with that conductive rubber , I measure it the resistance of conductive rubber was about 20 ohms depending of the finger pressure on the knob.
But I like it to feel a precise "click" with finger when I am pushing the knobs.That is my story.
The relays I used in this project are exactly this:Nais ds2y-s-dc5v
, not because they are the best but that is what I found in the shop, they cost about 2 euros here.

Well.... this is the spirit.... the video is into my Orkut vídeo selection as example

of Do it yourself.

Very good work... i am interested.

Nice that you have made that.... others said this is not new but you are able to contribute presenting this switcher to us.

The audio quality of your recording shows, very clearly, the quality is excelent... even knowing the audio quality limits of Digital Camera recording and Youtube audio and video quality.

Congratulations.

regards,

Carlos

Phillips have used simple flip flop circuits, using discrete, to control

this turntable.... was touch sensors.... need just to touch and one lamp goes on and the circuit goes operating.

Was made by Philips.... a very respectable name.... pionner into CD, cassete technology and a lot of other things.... was made down the eigthies, when we already had microprocessors.

Keep going an moving man!... go ahead with your good work.

Some folks have not accepted you very well.

I have to say to compensate your bad moments:

You are good
You are great
Your job is interesting
Your audio quality is good
You have courage
You have self confidence
You have the "style".

Welcome.

Carlos

Attachments

• imagem.jpg
    imagem.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 321
When patented and registered, please, send me the schematic

I will include double potentiometers into the input to equalize levels... and this way will be nice to my comparison testings.

I am using relay and switches to do that..... your idea is something that match my needs... and also can be built with the input quantity we need.

It is good.... yeah!

If discrete... well.... to my personal taste... this is perfect!

regards,

Carlos

Thank you dear Carlos!
I don't want to talk about quality of this video because is too bad!
I recorded the sound direct and this sound on video is mixed about 50/50 % direct sound and camera sound, and than this is compressed on mpeg 1 and also uploaded on youtube, it is just about 59 Mbytes.
And the sound here in live is totally different and better than in video.
I am enjoying 24 hours a day to listen a music, even when I am sleeping a very soft and quite music is playing on tuner or sometimes on CD.
See 'Ya my friend.

Re: Phillips have used simple flip flop circuits, using discrete, to control

destroyer X said:

Was made by Philips.... a very respectable name.... pionner into CD, cassete technology and a lot of other things.... was made down the eigthies, when we already had microprocessors.

The GA-212 with green lights was made around 1975 and followed by the GA-312.

I was absolutely gobsmacked (well, not really as this word didn't exist at the time) by both the 212 and the Beogram 2000 (?). Fortunately common sense prevailed and i ended up with a Dual 701. Still, it looked ultracool.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.