Need help to build "Krell KSA-50"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,

i want to test this class A amp.

i need some help to making this push pull amp. circuit diagram is attached.

i have some transistors so i just want to use them. as i can see it is 50wrms.

i also want to know there are two type of voltages. what is that voltage?

There are few transistors used. those i don't have, may be i can use other part number insted of originally used.

*pls indicate with Q number and the transistors can be use.

i have this transistors:

MJE15030, MJE15031, BD139, BD140, 2sc4793,2SA1837, 2SC5200, 2SA1943, 2N5551, 2N5401

thank you for your help.
michael

Attachments

• krell ksa-50 -2.pdf
    25.1 KB · Views: 140
hi space2000

there is a ton of information in diyAudio about the Krell KSA 50, please use the "search" button.....

IMMO the transistors you have are not good for that amp, you MUST use those in the schematic. Building that amp is not simple, you need BIG heatsink, big power supply with big capacitors, big power transistors.... :angel: It's difficult to imagine that amp with T0220 devices... :hot:

edit: Andrew T, you have beat me in the same answer, i think I am too slow to write in something similar to the english language... :smash:

hello !!!! its me again !!!!

i will suggest that your next project should be to spend some money and get the simplest used scope that you might find used anywhere for the lowest prize .....

then the next thing will be to construct the most cheap simple and working signal genarator .....

with this stuff you will find out what is going wrong with the amps you allready constructed and also you will be able to evaluate and investegate what exactly your weird designs effect sound create ocilation and so on .....

its not only to construct something that that simply "sounds" with that investment you ve made in componets should sound very RIGHT !!!!!....

hell i have 5 scopes i would gladly ship you one to play with ...and when ever you are done you ship it back to me .....

friendly regards

Re: hello !!!! its me again !!!!

acid_k2 said:

there is a ton of information in diyAudio about the Krell KSA 50, please use the "search" button.....
write in something similar to the english language... :smash:

sakis said:
i will suggest that your next project should be to spend some money and get the simplest used scope ......

then the next thing will be to construct the most cheap simple and working signal generator .....
is Space as lazy as he gives in this impression?
He continually and repeatedly asks us to feed him with information that is already available.
When do we call a halt?

andrew ....

i dont belive that space 2000 is lazy ..... ia actually think that he is a nice guy the only thing that he stops his work as long as sound comes out of his projects ......

meaning : that a scope will show him the mistakes he made so he will be busy trying to correct and redesign the amps he already made .... and then forum will be very quiet from everynow and then threads

of course this is not an easy task .....actually its much more hard to do than constructing a krell 50 in a round version of course with 25 sets of outs as space 2000 amplifiers normally look

Hi,

i don't mind at all, you all are nice ppls. when i made amp, i just listen the sound quality and do it until i find the sound is quite nice and clear to my ear, its may not be 100% perfect but sound is nice to me as i am just a hobbyest. i don't stop to making just once i finished one amp. it dsn't cost me much. parts are dmn cheap. i made few and compare those which is nice to listen.

Ear.man..Ear...listen....ha...ha.....like violin..

I read about kl-50 its nice. i know its won't be easy to make. i hvn't decide yet to make...but need to know more about it. i read about it but i want to know about the transistors that i can use from my bkyd.

if i can't make then nvr mind.....no regret at all.

space2000 said:
Hi,

i don't mind at all, you all are nice ppls. when i made amp, i just listen the sound quality and do it until i find the sound is quite nice and clear to my ear, its may not be 100% perfect but sound is nice to me as i am just a hobbyest. i don't stop to making just once i finished one amp. it dsn't cost me much. parts are dmn cheap. i made few and compare those which is nice to listen.

Ear.man..Ear...listen....ha...ha.....like violin..

I read about kl-50 its nice. i know its won't be easy to make. i hvn't decide yet to make...but need to know more about it. i read about it but i want to know about the transistors that i can use from my bkyd.

if i can't make then nvr mind.....no regret at all.

space ...... you dont need to know about krell ...... you need to know about amplifiers .....start with one ...... any of your choise ......learn ....make perfect ....or as perfect is possible ....and then go ahead to the next project ......

knowledge doesnt come by producing many ....knowledge come by learning how one is working ....any one

just a note......

i am 42 i ve been constructing amplifiers since i was 13....but be carefull now ...i said i ve been constructing ....i havent design none ....i dont know how to my theory is very poor .....i am too old to go back to school and i also i have 2 companies to run ....

so its not easy

i made so many repairs you dont belive it profesional home vintage name it ive done it ....been working with sound systems since i was 13 ...Pa rentals permened installation ....name it i ve been there .....

but the thing is that after all these projects ( except repairs ...zillion of construction also ) the only amp i fall in love with is a simple P3 from rod elliot ....its the simplest thing you can imagine.....bootsrap class ab may be 50 w nothing really special sounds perfect with nice sonics and everything ....

probably there are miilion of ather amps of the same style that produce a lot more power or quality ....

the only reason i fall in love with this amp is cause it sounds nice and its theory is easy enough to understand .....and then this can be the basis for something more

for a technician of my expirience it took me 2 years of work testing litle here and litle there a lot of testing many pcb a lot of rearanging of everything to make a perfect P3 ( i even change the pcb to look more symmetric to fit my taste ) .....

this is the procedure my friend ....... otherwise you will continue to produce exotic looking amps but when they meet the scope you will find out that you created an oscilator ....or so .... or that you have so many signal issues that the all thing needs to be parts again and rebuilt .....

all the best ....

keep in mind that nobody was born with this skills ..... some of us come have practical view of the thing and some others have Andrew view of the things ( no effence to Andrew T his theoretical approach and skills of analysis been a catalyst to this forum )

ha...ha.....PC oscilloscope

finally i will have a "PC oscilloscope". its easy to use and can save the data. very soon i will make one "PC oscilloscope". software, i can write too.

i will post my "PC oscilloscope" here soon.

NOT BAD...Ha....

wait ...i will start to make one.

its a good start .....

if you find a proper software for this and you are done with the installtion and everything ....just drop me a mail and i will provide you a very cheap way to make this also work safe .....

IE make it able to handle not only small preamp signals of a few volts but also large signals from big amps of 100w or more and also fully electrically isolated from your pc ( and its ground )

of course this cannot be acurate ....but thats a start

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.