How to replace trimmer pot with fixed resistor?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I intend to replace the 2 trimmer pots in my amp with fixed resistors.

I looked at the datasheet of the trimmer pot and the 3 legs are labeled 1, 2 and 3.

Question is do I connect 1 and 2 with the fixed resistor and leave 3 unconnected?

Many thanks in advance

jaycee said:
Why use fixed resistors at all?
If you're going to replace with anything, replace them with good quality trimmers instead of the cheap rubbish thats normally used

But isn't a good fixed resistor anytime better than a good trimmer? Say on the same price level.

The trimmers value is to provide option to vary the resistance conveniently but if the "optimal" reistance value can be established maybe a fixed resistor would be better?

Well these are just my thoughts, as you can see I know very little about electronics and I could be very wrong.

come down to earth .....

there is not possible to replace the bias trimmer of the amplifier to fixed resistors .....if you decide to do so this a hard thing to do it will require acurate resistors with minimum tolerance and also a very sofisticated procedure to do that ......

you need to warm the amp set the idle in the desired level and then after all is ok remove the trimer measure it and then replace it with a resistor or a network of resistors ......depending on the application

totally not needed .....

if you want to make things better do your shelf a favour and buy a 10 turn trimmer of BB trimmer replace the old one ,set the idle very carefully ( i trully have second thoughts about if you know how to do that ) and then considering this issue your amp will be extremelly happy

don sakoulis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.