dbx modification thread - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th August 2008, 03:53 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default dbx modification thread

hi all im starting this thread in the hope its as popular as the beringer thread and to give everyone who has any of the dbx driverack units a place t5o discuss everything about them including setup,modifications and others .ive personaly got a new driverack 260 that is going to biamp my new speakers which are 2way with eaton 12" hexacones for bass and manger transducers for the mid and highs .im using 2x goldpoint attentuaters for volume control in between the dbx and the hypex ucd400 hg modules which have the superregs fitted .once setup id like to do some mods on the dbx to see how good it can sound .ive got some ideas which are to add an outboard powersupply ,some cap upgrades and maybe play around with the opamps and clock .im hoping all the other dbx users will chime in with their thoughts and suggestions
Old 7th August 2008, 06:58 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Your post is difficult to read easily with all the deviant punctuation and grammar. Would it be possible (in your own interest) to join us all in the use of Regular English?

Thanks for helping out,

Jan Didden
Old 7th August 2008, 08:08 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

well excuse me, mr high and mighty .it must be hard being as good as you and having to put up with the rest of us mere mortals
Old 7th August 2008, 08:54 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default I had some troubles reading too... an now i see how much i can bother my forum ...

... friends with my bad English... worse than Sir 5000, for sure, as he is a native english speaking guy.

I could read, was not easy but i took some time and i could do it...Janeman maybe had not time to spend and is asking to something more clear.

Now i see why you do not visit my threads Janeman... my English may bother you....me good..... me here!... i understand... this is a pitty.

Here is a sligtly better option to Janeman....not perfect, but who is perfect in this life to be waiting perfection from other guys?

I am not!

" Hi all

I am starting this thread, in the hope it becomes so popular
as the beringer thread, and to give everyone who has any
of the dbx driverack units a place to discuss everything about them, including; setup,modifications and others.

I have, personaly, got a new driverack 260 that is going to biamp my new speakers which are 2 way with eaton 12" hexacones; for bass, and manger transducers for the mid and highs.

I am using 2x goldpoint attenuators for volume control in between the dbx and the hypex ucd400 hg modules, which have the superregs fitted once setup.

I would like to do some mods on the dbx to see how good it can sound. I have got some ideas which are to add an outboard powersupply ,some cap upgrades and maybe play around with the opamps and clock .

I hope all the other dbx users will chime in with their thoughts and suggestions."

regards,

Carlos
Old 7th August 2008, 09:01 AM   #5
Eva is offline Eva  Spain
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Eva
The key to make it sound good is to adjust the crossovers, delays and parametric EQs properly so that good on-axis acoustical summing is obtained. This is a quite complex task.

On the other hand, you can skip the adjustment part and start swapping parts and rely on placebo effect.
Old 7th August 2008, 09:40 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default Re: I had some troubles reading too... an now i see how much i can bother my forum ...

Quote:
Originally posted by destroyer X

... friends with my bad English... worse than Sir 5000, for sure, as he is a native english speaking guy.

I could read, was not easy but i took some time and i could do it...Janeman maybe had not time to spend and is asking to something more clear.

Now i see why you do not visit my threads Janeman... my English may bother you....me good..... me here!... i understand... this is a pitty.

Here is a sligtly better option to Janeman....not perfect, but who is perfect in this life to be waiting perfection from other guys?

I am not!

" Hi all

I am starting this thread, in the hope it becomes so popular
as the beringer thread, and to give everyone who has any
of the dbx driverack units a place to discuss everything about them, including; setup,modifications and others.

I have, personaly, got a new driverack 260 that is going to biamp my new speakers which are 2 way with eaton 12" hexacones; for bass, and manger transducers for the mid and highs.

I am using 2x goldpoint attenuators for volume control in between the dbx and the hypex ucd400 hg modules, which have the superregs fitted once setup.

I would like to do some mods on the dbx to see how good it can sound. I have got some ideas which are to add an outboard powersupply ,some cap upgrades and maybe play around with the opamps and clock .

I hope all the other dbx users will chime in with their thoughts and suggestions."

regards,

Carlos

Hallo Carlos!

I do indeed read your posts, even if I don't comment. They are often interesting.

No, I just feel that if I am asked to spend some time and effort because someone asks for help, the minimum I might expect is that this person *also* tries his best to communicate. If he is even too lazy to use caps to improve readility of his post, why should I or anybody else bother? Is that too much to ask?

Jan Didden
Old 7th August 2008, 12:08 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

thankyou to the people who have offered constructive advice so far .(eva,destroyer x)
to jan i thought this was a forum about audio and diy
i did not realise it was a place for people like yourself to critisize others about there lack of understanding of the english language and proper grammer
Old 7th August 2008, 12:35 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default He use to be kind and friendly Sir 5000

Just a misunderstanding.... a bad moment of communication.

Try to forget that, because this was an exception here... also not common to him to ask people to write a good english too (ahahaha...USA would be excluded..ahahahahah!).

We are more than 70 thousand.... and we have 3 to 5 bad folks, i ensure he is not included into this "bad folks" list.

I know Janeman for years long, and he always proceed alike a British Lord...so.... just a moment, this does not show the man he is...guaranteed!

Relax and go ahead.... you had not a good time, i hope this will not produce in your mouth the "bad taste" to be here.

There are hundreds of lovely folks down here... welcome...be happy with us.

I love all aussies,... just one exception, a German aussie brick we have...but i feel your people as lovely folks, the second country in my heart.

regards,

Carlos

.................................................. ..................................................

Thank you Janeman.... because you use to read some of my posts.

Carlos
Old 7th August 2008, 12:48 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default Life is beautifull man....but there are strange moments of surprise too

c'a marche!

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 3785_671x600.jpg (81.1 KB, 209 views)
Old 7th August 2008, 01:19 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by slr 5000
thankyou to the people who have offered constructive advice so far .(eva,destroyer x)
to jan i thought this was a forum about audio and diy
i did not realise it was a place for people like yourself to critisize others about there lack of understanding of the english language and proper grammer

You don't get it. It is NOT about understanding etc.

Its about common respect for those you interact with.

You have no lack of understanding. I'm pretty sure you know to find the caps key on your keyboard. I'm pretty sure you're smart enough to know that we all write 'I'm' if we mean that, not '.im'

Jan Didden

Hide this!Advertise here!