Blind Listening Tests & Amplifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: To Steve Eddy

carlosfm said:
ARE YOU BLIND, STEVE?
Didn't you see my post in this page?

Yes, but I thought you were referring to real tests, not just amusing anecdotes.

Are you saying that the two fixed line outs of the cd-player sound different, or the two line-ins on the preamp?
No switch here!

You mean you were listening to the two cables simultaneously? How were you able to compare the two cables without switching from one line input to the other?

By the way, my mention of the switching noise was simply ONE EXAMPLE of how elelents which have nothing to do with the elements being tested can produce false positives and how it's actually quite easy to conduct tests which produce positive results and why anecdotes of a couple of guys farting around on a Sunday afternoon are just that. Anecdotes of a couple of guys farting around on a Sunday afternoon.

That's why those who conduct real tests go to such great lengths in setting up the test conditions and using proper controls to make sure that the results accurately reflect what it is they are testing for.

Peter is right, some people just don't want to believe.

And that's really what it's all about, isn't it? It's not about getting at the truth. It's about beliefs.

It's a lost case.

Well if your cause is creating "believers" based on anecdotes of a couple of guys farting around on a Sunday afternoon then your cause is hardly lost. People are blowing themselves up in suicide bombings because they were promised 72 virgins in the afterlife.

se

Re: Re: To Steve Eddy

Steve Eddy said:

Yes, but I thought you were referring to real tests, not just amusing anecdotes.

You are the anecdote.
I'm loosing my time with you.

Steve Eddy said:

You mean you were listening to the two cables simultaneously? How were you able to compare the two cables without switching from one line input to the other?

Now this is incredible.:eek: :eek: :eek:
EACH CABLE WAS CONNECTED TO ONE LINE IN IN THE PREAMP!:mad:
But both cables were connected to the same source.
A-B,A-B,A-B,A-B,A-B,A-B,A-B,A-B,A-B,A-B,A-B,A-B!!!
See what I mean?
I didn't know which cable was playing, and the guy was switchin A-B.

IF THIS ISN'T A BLIND TEST, THAT WHAT'S A BLIND TEST???!!!!:scratch:

Oh, I see, a blind test is you hearing to a system.
A blind and deaf test.

Steve Eddy said:

Well if your cause is creating believers based on anecdotes of a couple of guys farting around on a Sunday afternoon then your cause is hardly lost.

Who told you it was a Sunday afternoon?
You don't know what you're talking about.
And I tell you this guy knows how to hear to a system.
He sells high-end every day.
But enough explanations for an anecdotic guy.

Steve Eddy said:

People are blowing themselves up in suicide bombings because they were promised 72 virgins in the afterlife.

I'm not arab, you know?
The 72 virgins are waiting for you.
I bet you can't even point where's Europe on a map.:devily:

Now I'm really mad!
YOU'RE FROM THE DEAF BRIGADE!:mad:

Ok, I said it.
Now I feel better.:dodgy:

Re: A Huge Waste Of Time.....

mrfeedback said:
If SE cannot measure it, then in his beliefs it is not possible, or you are imagining it.

Putting words in my mouth and making false accusations about me like this is just the sort of thing that will cause this thread to be closed down again and/or you and I ending up in the SinBin.

It was suggested to me that I simply put you on my ignore list. But it's precisly crap like this from clowns like you why I won't put you on my ignore list and why I won't let such things go unanswered.

I suggested in return that instead you be told in no uncertain terms not to say anything to me or about me, either directly, indirectly or through enuendo and that I would be more than happy to reciprocate with the same.

I think the Powers That Be here should seriously consider that suggestion. Either that or permanently ban one or both of us, because as long as you're allowed to go on with crap like this, there will be more trouble.

se

Status
Not open for further replies.