recycle BGW 750 for new amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All!

I have a BGW 750C that I'd like to recycle into a nice DIY amp. I would prefer a powerful 200-300WPC amp. A nice Class A would be fine but the transformer voltage is too high I believe. And I would like something to power my Carver Amazings anyways.

I have looked at a few threads, but there is so much information I've been overloaded.

The transformer appears to be able to operate at +/- 70 volts. Not sure of the current, I'm ***uming 7-8 amps into 8 ohms.

I can repair this amp easily enough. But I'd like something of quality. I am using two Sony TA-N77ES amps right now bridged.

Thanks!

thats a good super heavy duty transformer perfect for making a 200watt pch amp. the bigger issue was the heatsinks on those. there isn't much of a sink if i remember correctly for that big of an amp. and definitely not for class! 100 wpch class A maybe before the Temp gets too high.

Zc

Yes the heatsink was relatively small, but it depended on the airflow of the fan for cooling. Since this amp was intended for pro apps the noise from the fan wasn't a great consideration. The module approach to this amp certainly make it a candidate for other projects.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.