Ksa 150

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, people are not necessary all blind to marketing. Amps do sound different with everything else the same. You go to enough showrooms, you can tell.

Case in point, I just build a preamp with the LM4562 pretty much straight pass. I felt it's a little thin even the sound stage and transparency is very good. I just add a simple RC to increase the base less than 1dB. I use a tweeker pot to adjust. I was amazed how big a difference it makes. I did simulation with LTSpice and I can hardly tell the difference. But it's day and night when I listen to it.

I think distortion spec is one thing, to a certain point, there are magic to it. And I am an EE. Or else. all amps ultimately sounds the same!!!

Last edited:
Surprisingly small changes in frequency response seem to be audible.
I think that has something to do with our ability to compare the relative levels of the music signals in real time.

To make a comparison between amplifiers, great care MUST be taken to equalise both the volume level and the frequency response.
When this very careful setting up is ready for the amplifier comparison, many find that most amplifiers, that are not misbehaving, sound the same.

all amps ultimately sounds the same!!!
It's often the way that the amplifiers sound while misbehaving that makes the biggest difference to the way they sound.
A few amplifer Desingers seem to agree on this performance parameter.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.