Advice needed about Lexsen power - photo attached

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are some Lexsen power amps (LXA600/LXA300) in my local shop.

I can't find any info whatsoever and the guys in the shop cannot show me any manuals.

see inside photo- looks like toroidal? Can someone take a look and give me some advice?

LXA600 puts out 300 watts at 4 ohms per channel.
It's got RCA inputs also. I can get the LXA600 for about 200 USD.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Attachments

• lexsen insides.jpg
    lexsen insides.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 128
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi,
You are not thinking of LECSON are you. This was a well respected brand.
A lot of companies use similar names -- I have seen TASHIKA for TOSHIBA, the style of logo and colour scheme were identical.
Not saying that's what this is but, try and research it more. Are those fuse holders on the front, if so it may be more for PA use.

Hi,

I doubt that there is any relation between the British Lecson and the cheap Taiwan made budget amps here.

The knobs on the front are the gain controls. Yes you are right they are PA amps.

I've searched the net high and low but nothing.

Think I might spend a little more and go for either the Behringer A500 studio amp A500 or Phonic mAX250. At least I know what I'm buying.

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.