greek repair on AKAI PA-W 06

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are you sure was a Greek.... i use to see those things here

Also i have found young boys buying damaged equipments.

As they have not skills to repair, they have prefered to remove the power amplifier and to install some "easy to build" kits.

Some young folks does not know how to fix things, but they can build things following instructions and also they are able to interconnect supplies, boards, wiring, cables, potentiometers.

Off course there are young folks (teenagers) that are able to fix and some of them can calculate and design amplifiers.... my young daugther can do that.

But, i was looking at your picture and this seems something alike:

- "I will make mine own using this damaged Akai chassis"

But, of course, repair man can do those things too... and they deserve to go to the jail.

regards,

Carlos

i could easily understand this

as an insult ...... i think greek medicine is one of the best in the world ....i have a very good way to make you understand this.....

old times ago when greeks emigrated in germany and work in a factory their job was to produce for example 10 machines a day ....of course greeks managed to produce 15 of these machines and then spend the rest of the day on the cafeteria of the factory .....

these greeks after a while the lost their job cause of this and then emigrated to USA done the exact same practice and become managers !!!!!

normal greek doctor will go by the book but not always and also keep their option open in other things while the german or british doctor will say that "this"or "that" is not in the book .....

some of the best doctors are teaching now in your school were your kids go my friend some others are the best captains in the world and some others hold big chairs in MIT.....

i presume that electronics is another story and also i presume your comment as a joke .....

Ahahaha.... we do the same... we work hard to finish our task

very early, bigger production related the average.

Then we go to the beach....but with the work done in advance.... and well done...the feeling of completed mission.

Rio de Janeiro folks goes very early to their job, to complete hours with the sun brigthing in the skies to have a good beach, to swim a little...to get out from the job with dayligth.

Our "competition", the second most important town in Brasil, São Paulo, is different... they wake up at 6 hours morning and spend 2 hours into the rush, millions of automobiles... they enter to job before the time and go out from the job hours latter to show to their boss they are interested into the job...them more 2 hours into the streets, transit, trafic, rush and return home very tired at nigth.... there are differences.... Rio de Janeiro has French culture, was dominated by french people... São Paulo had enormous German and Italian emigration.... Greek people is interesting Sakis...but i feel you are civilized warriors, always ready to a good figth.

heheheheh

I think he did not tried to offend you Sakis.

He said could be worse.

regards,

Carlos

Re: I am glad boys, this have finished.... without hurt

destroyer X said:

Otherwise i would offer you both the duel gun.

2 watter pistols to a duel.... 4 steps turn and shot.

remember troyan horse and turn into the third step elvee...ahahah...if the greek does not turn into the second.

ahahahah.

Good weekend for both of you.

Peace brothers

Carlos

Hi my friend Carlos

This name of Trojan Horse it is incomplete. The correct expression it is "The wooden horse of Troy". Let me to explain:
In Greek and according to Homer's Iliad we call this horse as: "Äïõñåéïò Éððïò", where Éððïò = horse and Äïõñåéïò = wooden in ancient Greek language. This terminology there is not in Wikipedia.

Fotios

Thank you, the idea is communicate...people understood what i mean

Trojan horse is the name used to viruses to computer.... everybody knows this way..the meaning is known world wide, even not precise it is good to communicate...means that horse the Greek gave to Troy... filled with soldiers inside... a very strange gift...clever too... dangerous too...the soldier inside worked infecting Troy alike the viruses use to infect computers.

But your explanations are usefull.

thank you very much.

Now..... c'a marche!....means...let's go ahead, turn the page and lets march to the future.

Carlos

principal of operation /circuit analusis

the technician decides to remiove that gutts of the amp ......

then a smart kit including 2xTDA1515A looks the best and cheapest solution to make the amp sound again he thought he could get the max power out of the TDA so quick look at the data sheet say that will handle tops 26 volts

transformer then was ordered to produce 26 volts dc ( 18 ac i think ) but has to be kind of low profile to fit the almost 1U sassi

then the technician realized that 26volts apply only whenone TDA 1515 works in stereo version BUT in the kit the TDA was in btl mode so psu is limmited to 12v

then the next task is to reduce 26 volts to 12 volts for this 4 regulators without any equalization resistors were chosen to work in paralel heatsinked with 4 screws in the botom of the sassi

then again the amp will look too poor with out a VU meter so another smart kit comes in ...... since of course the VU meter smart kit was 12V why not connect it to the regulator stack ....????? so he did

then the problems start BIG zzzzzzzzzzzzz comes in when the VU is connected ( very normal i think since the input of the VU has one point for signal and one for ground so one of the outputs of the TDA 1515 will be connected to ground WELL ....... NOT IF THE TDA 1515 IS IN BTL MODE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) big mess ......

so this technician decides to create some form of isolation to be able to drive the vu meter :(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
buy another 2 smart kits with TDA 2002 amplifier to use from the same input and power up only to drive the VU meter .

in this case the power is also diferent for this circuit and eventhough TDA 2002 is oprated with 12V the tech decides to use a 12+12 CT transformer and split the one circuit from the other with two seperate rectifiers and two seperate caps (!!!!!!!) of course he didnt split the CT

with such a psu mess then again zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz all over .....

then a real solution comes in by using to 12-220v trafos 300ma as signal trafos between the output of the TDA 2002 and the input of the VU

what a joke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy worked very hard.

And we cannot dennie he is not that bad to ressurrect dead equipment...... or, if not a ressurrection, he is a very good equipment killer.

The guy is good.... he found solutions... not the better one, not the correct one...but he made things operate.

He have learned a lot doing that...next one will be better.

Maybe was not for a customer, maybe he made that to himself... into this second possibility, no bad thing was done, as beeing owner he can do whatever he want with his equipment, even to give a shot on it (And i like this last idea very much!)

hehehehe.... boooom!

regards,

Carlos

I see you like a good talk around the fire, cooking some barbecue

Because this thread is a nice conversation provocation.

This is good.

Well Sakis.... i was thinking about that guy, you know, i respect this guy, i can see value on him... a non clean work, but at least, he made something, he tried, he moved.... if honest, if he did not tried to fool a customer, he show me value, beeing honest, he tried, he did things.

Worse are those sick repair man, that left your equipment into the shelves for monthes waiting for a 2SCXXXX with sub code 214-3.... factory gain codes and waffer codes..... also the ones do believe in transistor "spirits".... that cannot substitute a 2SC1815 by some BC series transistor with the same specification, because the transistor substituted will loose it's soul.... will be something from the dark side of the universe.

Others do not fix your amplifier because could not find 4 amperes fuses, and do not want to use 5 amperes fuses.... your equipment left into this man repair shop is the same to left it fell into a trap!

Others do not fix because have not find the exactly rectifier diodes you had before they explode..... you know those folks.... has to be the same.... you can offer better diodes, more current, more voltage, same size, lower price... but they do not trust..have to be the same..%$@$#%

Those guys do not perceive that a resistance is a resistance and nothing more than a resistance, and does not matter if blue, green, fat, thin, yellow stripped with rounded points or squared..if shinny paint or not shinny paint.... also they thing that chinese resistance has not that good resistance.... they have fear that chinese hundred ohms can he another style of hundred ohms resistance.

Those obsessive folks, that feel scare to move and do things, fear to take some risks... stay all time long waiting for surplus parts.... and have to be the same.... a very bureaucratic behavior, small intelligence, a very limited guy.

If you need someone to fix your space ship avoiding yourself and all the crew to fell down into an active Martian Vulcano... i prefer to be with your crazy Greek, he may find solution to fix the space electronics producing a functional mess... this other one will not even try because have not the correct parts.

I hate those last ones more than your drunk greek friend that made all that ship inside the Akai.

regards,

Carlos

I see... this way was very bad behavior.

Now we have new inputs... and we can have another point of view.

Since you rolled back the entire story, the guy will be punished..bad fame to him, and you will be the big heroe.

This movie has a nice ending.

thanks by the informations.... was interesting to see that crazy folks exists everywere, even in ancient Greece.

regards,

Carlos

Very good Fabio.... i feel good to know

you are so destructive as uncle Charlie.... Va molto benne.

Mio fratello carissimo d'Italia, è un immenso piacere sapere che yo qualcuno come distruttivo come yo .... questo è molto buono.

I am trying to find a song that says; "pronto sonno io... sonno io amore... risponda mi"... can you help me to find Fabio?

Io sono un grande pesquiza cercando di trovare un italiano canzone che dice "Pronto sonno io ".... ha un suono del telefono all'inizio.

Carlo de la famiglia Danesi

It's a death trap!

Just look at the poor soldering on some of those transformers, exposed primary wires etc.. no heat shrink used at all!

No proper safety earthing!

In this country, the guy who did this would be legally accountable if this creation injured or killed someone.

I hope you took it away from the owner!

Hell I was doing better than that when I build my first amp at 14!! admittedly it was some chip (a Philips one cant remember which - edit: TDA1514) and only 2x18V supply, but it was safely earthed, all mains wiring fully insulated with heat shrinkable tube, etc

I tried to build a bench supply at 13.. and made a nasty mistake - i was given a centre tap transformer to use, and made the mistake of trying to use it with a full bridge single endedly by tying both end taps together..... BANG... :bigeyes:

So now I always triple check this stuff!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.