greek repair on AKAI PA-W 06

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can't believe a service technician could have done that. It certainly is a mess but a mess that takes a lot of time and effort. If that effort is counted and had to be charged to the customer, the total cost would far exceed the value of the unit.

The owner might have no clue about electronics, but... does he have children - probably a son?

well.....

jaycee:

your remarks about earth and safety are very correct but let us not forget that this device didnt have any earth at the first place .

Is it the arrogance of the japanese that think that the device will never have ellectrical failure ?????

or safety issues at the time ???? who knows ???

sassi :

the truth is that a technician did this and also got payed for it of course his mistakes i presume wasnt payed by the costumer ...the think is that he "delivered " something to the costumer that produced some sound

now as about the total cost and everything now that the costumer remeberd this device soon he will have a working and safe amplifier ......the cost has nothing to do this guy inport this from japan some 20 years ago and he is in love with them .....

by the way sassi !!!!!!! welcome to the forum ( actually they should change the name to ..... AUDIO PARADISE he he he )
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

well done, sakis!....

Is the new amp similar (= with the same schematic) to original Akai, or it is from your personal production?

p.s.: that heatsink works not in optimal conditions, it probably dissipate half the heat (the air flux is stopped by heatsink itself, you sould mount that in vertical position...)

all correct

small vents will be added any minut now but also this amp is to be used in a small studio driving a couple of m audio monitors in no more thatn 10+10 watts ....

the pcb is my version of rod elliots P3...secondary psu is now shaped up and only drives vu meter and vents ....then vu meters are shaped up and all the wiring ....

the all thing will produce happily 55+55 watts which this more than enough for this appilcation .....

hell this is a repair i do for a costumer ....its not for me

thanks jay cee

but i dont really think so .....

never seen this amp in original condition so i dont know ....my only contuct with this family of equipment is the brother of this amp the preamplifier unit that goes with that and it looks so sofisticated and also working perfectly also after 20 years ....

perfect square wave in the output after 90khz .....very good for comercial pre amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.