Fake or Genuine TIP35C/36C

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi can anyone tell me if in the attached picture the TIP35C and TIP36C shown are genuine or fake. Left in picture is TIP35C and right is TIP36C. The white suqre pad on the TIP35C was stuck on the die.

Both have resisted acetone test without any marking getting off

Thanks

Attachments

• copy (2) of 100_0087.jpg
    copy (2) of 100_0087.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 812
zeus_threat said:
Hi can anyone tell me if in the attached picture the TIP35C and TIP36C shown are genuine or fake. Left in picture is TIP35C and right is TIP36C. The white suqre pad on the TIP35C was stuck on the die.

Both have resisted acetone test without any marking getting off

Thanks

I always buy from reputable dealers with company names I am familiar with. If i dont know where it has coem from it gets binned.

Its not worth frying a set of speakers for the little more i have to pay for decent components.

The TIP36C is genuine. The TIP35C is not fake, it's a clone of respectable quality. I have used a few TIP35C and TIP36C from MOSPEC without problem.

Fake transistors use tiny dies and are by far never intended to perform as good as the original part. Clones are intended to exhibit the same performance.

Yes exactly you are right but please tell me if my rough calculations are correct please

Max dissipation for a +-35V PSU

V=35/2=17.5
Power=(17.5 * 17.5)/4 ohm=76W

To Compensate for inductive loads 76W*2=153W dissipation per transistor

Two pairs of TIPxxC will provide 125W*2=250W per pair Safe enough

Am i right?

Thanks

36C: real
35C: fake

IMHO

only way to really be sure is install 'em and see if you get pyrotechnics at rated loads. just like a woman, if she keeps coming back for more then she ain't fakin. btw digikey and mouser both list '35C in stock and they do not ship fakes IME.

best regards and down with the fakers!!!

In practice, provided adequate heatsinking, one pair will do for 4 ohms and up to +/-40V. This is assuming typical speaker impedance that only dips to 3 ohms for midbass and is well above 4 ohms for other frequencies.

Thermal compensation in class AB is very important too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.