Sugden A21SE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I suspect an adjustment to be needed on those 1k pot, because one side of the amplifier run hotter then the other. And there is a ceramic resistor close to the pot is running very hot, over 200 celsius unlike the other side wich is running at 170.

If i can find the value they should be set so i can see if they need to be adjusted or not would be great.

Thanks again

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Perhaps it sets the quiescent current. Or perhaps not. It all depends on how experienced you are. The hotter one could be the correct one. They do run very very hot.
It's up to you !!! Would you know how to measure the quiescent current, or the output DC offset voltage so you could readjust it back again.
Just don't want you to damage it that's all. It may all be normal and within spec anyway.

Mooly said:
JES = J.E.Sugden :) Any more thoughts on what to do ?
How experienced are you with electronics etc.

You think they will answer that kind of question!?

I think more i will get something like.. Send it to our authorized dealer for a service check-up.

I sent two modification suggestion i made on my A21SE to JES, one minor and one i consider major and i got funny answer... So i dont expect anything positive from them since.

I took the voltage in dc end to end and there is a difference between them, i used the pot and this changed the value, so for now i have adjusted both to the same value (1v dc) and both run at the same temperature.

I think i just need the value Sugden use to compare.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.