What happen to thule audio? - Page 7 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th October 2011, 07:18 AM   #61
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myschkin View Post
Hi!

Does anyone know how it is possible to get a schematic for a Thule Amplifier?
I have an " Stage " Amplifier, unfourtanetely with failure.
Read post #51.
Theoretical each electronician could be repair and modify the amp models from Thule's "Spirit" Series.
But the creating of the repair instructions (for everybody understanding) is connected with so great expense, that actually a book should be written about this. But this time I will not invest, because I haven't this time.
The need for explanation is definitely too large. For this reason I don't post the schematics of Thule Audio amplifiers from the "Spirit" line.
If I would do this, my follow repair work is again very much larger as consequence. And also the costs for the user.
If you send your device to the mentioned address from post #51, you will get a very fine sounded and hard to beat integrated amplifier.

Last edited by tiefbassuebertr; 19th October 2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 27th November 2011, 10:30 PM   #62
diyAudio Member

Now an associated website to the mentioned address from post #51 exist:
Home (pliniusaudio.de)
or
Home (audioconcept.eu)
All Thule Audio user's from Denmark and other European countries can ask there concerning repair service (only stereo devices but no multichannel devices such as 5.1 processors and multichannel amps).
All amps from the "Spirit" series in original/genuine condition should be sent to this company in any case - even if they are still working properly. Otherwise there is a risk for a collateral damage of the power amp section (equipped with ROHM ring emitter power BjT NPN/PNP devices - very hard to find in the meantime) as consequence of dehydrated power caps and SMD/SMT caps by the voltage regulators.
The used BHC-Aerovox T-POWER in various power amp devices - go to
http://www.dnm.co.uk/ALN20S.pdf
are definitely dried up and faulty/unusable. Nevertheless the amp still work (with a little buzzing, that can occur sporadically).

Schematic diagrams for Thule's stereo devices will not be released from there.
Schematic diagrams for Thule's multichannel stuff perhaps available by DALI
DALI-Lautsprecher - In Admiration Of Music
or by Connect Audio Germany - go to
Thule Audio

Last edited by tiefbassuebertr; 27th November 2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11th February 2012, 11:44 AM   #63
dobrij is offline dobrij  Latvia
diyAudio Member

Default Faulty Thule Audio PA250B II amplifier

Hello Everyone,

Reading this thread, I understood that support for multichannel amps is nearly non-existant, but I don't want to loose hope, yet.
I have a faulty Thule Audio PA250B mkII amplifier (left surround channel isn't working anymore and also left front channel isn't working when I switch to stereo). The technician, who checked it claims the problem is in one of the chips. As I understood he disabled the channel, because it kept burning and he suspects that this chip is to blame. From www.sidekick-audio.com I've found out that this is a custom resistor network made specially for Thule and no alternative can be found on the market. Unfortunately they don't have it. Asked another former distributor www.highendmusik.dk and the answer was the same.
Maybe someone could give me an advice where to ask about the chip or a workaround solution, or maybe, help to find schematics of that chip so a replica could be made (is Thule's technology bought by someone?).
I'd be very grateful for any information on this.
I've attached pictures of the faulty chip.

Thank you and best regards,
Andrej (Latvia, EU)

P.S. also does anybody know where to find a service manual exactly for PA250 mkII, because I have both manuals for PA250 and PA350, of which the latter is similar to the schematics of my amp, but still not exact
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Thule 1.JPG (108.0 KB, 418 views)
File Type: jpg Thule 2.JPG (116.7 KB, 408 views)
Old 12th June 2012, 11:35 AM   #64
diyAudio Member

during the check in inventories of NOS Thule Audio components we note, that there are yet a small amount of integrated amps and power amps from the "Spirit" series without the logo "Thule" at the front, partly unused (NOS) and partly in used condition. All devices for 230VAC - i. e. not for use in the U. S. and other countries, where the mains voltage is 110VAC.

The outline looks like the follow pictures about
Thule Audio Components - Overview

1) first both pics about post #12 - model "Start" and "Balance ONE"
(German versions, based on integrated amp models "IA60" and "IA60B")
2) first both pics about post #13 and the pic from post #16 - model "Spirit POWER AMP"
(equipped with Mainboard EM1015 Rev5)

Due to an existing "Pre-Out" also appropriate for Bi-amping modes.

Still very fine sounded amps, very hard to beat in sonic performance.

For prices ask the former German distributor:
Impressum

If you are owner of not working devices from Thule Audio, you can ask for service also there (except multi-channel components from Thule like e. g. AV100S, AV120S, DVA250B, IA250B, PA250B and PA350B for home cinema applications).

BTW - the developer was follow gentlemen:
http://kbh-hifi.dk/spaw2/foto_klubmo...o/P1000082.jpg
found by
http://kbh-hifi.dk/readarticle.php?article_id=227

Last edited by tiefbassuebertr; 12th June 2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12th June 2012, 02:47 PM   #65
Bonsai is offline Bonsai  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobrij View Post
Hello Everyone,

Reading this thread, I understood that support for multichannel amps is nearly non-existant, but I don't want to loose hope, yet.
I have a faulty Thule Audio PA250B mkII amplifier (left surround channel isn't working anymore and also left front channel isn't working when I switch to stereo). The technician, who checked it claims the problem is in one of the chips. As I understood he disabled the channel, because it kept burning and he suspects that this chip is to blame. From www.sidekick-audio.com I've found out that this is a custom resistor network made specially for Thule and no alternative can be found on the market. Unfortunately they don't have it. Asked another former distributor www.highendmusik.dk and the answer was the same.
Maybe someone could give me an advice where to ask about the chip or a workaround solution, or maybe, help to find schematics of that chip so a replica could be made (is Thule's technology bought by someone?).
I'd be very grateful for any information on this.
I've attached pictures of the faulty chip.

Thank you and best regards,
Andrej (Latvia, EU)

P.S. also does anybody know where to find a service manual exactly for PA250 mkII, because I have both manuals for PA250 and PA350, of which the latter is similar to the schematics of my amp, but still not exact

I may be completely wrong, but this could simply be a standard part marked Thule or a special selection. You need to use an ohmmeter yo determine the configuration and values. These devices are made by numerous resistor vendors like Bourns, Speague, Vishay etc. if someone posts up a schematic we may be able to work out the value for you.
Old 1st December 2012, 09:55 AM   #66
diyAudio Member

Is the new workplace from Anders Thule now in Finland?
Anders Thule - Finland | LinkedIn

Who know details?
Old 16th January 2013, 09:03 AM   #67
diyAudio Member

cheers,

it looks like I'm the lucky owner of faulty Thule Spirit Start integrated with rev5 pcb.

So the good point is that it powers up, display lights up and volume could be adjusted.
One of the channels shows 26V dc offset, other about 1mV that is fine I suppose.
After a brief investigation it turned out that one of A1516 transistors is gone + 1k blue resistor (marked with red). The other Vishay smd resistor (316R) gets very hot once turned on and looks like burned, though still works, anyway I've desoldered it as well (marked with blue) and will replace.
The other two power transistors are fine (D1760Q & B1184Q), checked them as well.

It's not an issue to get these parts, though I'm a bit frightened by this post and I'm wondering could there be any other defective parts (for instance, two smd transistors marked with white. There are hardly visible markings on them - 1B p50 & 3B p75. So I tried to google them, but was unlucky. Hope these are fine)?!

Now the question, is it safe to replace A1516 and a burned resistor or should I investigate further?

tiefbassuebertr,
as you mentioned here that you modify and repair Thules, could you please advice me on my further actions as well as provide some clarification if possible regarding these two 1B p50 & 3B p75 smd transistors?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0314.jpg (645.5 KB, 251 views)
File Type: jpg fine.jpg (836.9 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg burned.jpg (481.2 KB, 224 views)
Old 16th January 2013, 10:16 AM   #68
diyAudio Member

the board is EM1070 rv.5 with a switch Normal & Main In on the back.

Last edited by dtses; 16th January 2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 18th January 2013, 04:47 PM   #69
diyAudio Member

Dear ALL
i'm new in forum since today when i purchaise faulty Thule IA250B.I read post's and was surprising with lot of fault's in equipment with this name also i check-up lot of model's and find serious problems with design and component now i'm realy confused to repair it or use box???
Old 18th January 2013, 11:51 PM   #70
diyAudio Member

Default Thule Audio Schematics & Manuals

Dear All searching for schematics for some of the Thule Audio line,

Many are available, reasonably priced from the following;

HiFi DIY products and accessories - Thule Audio service manuals - sidekick-audio.com

Contact and company information:
Sidekick Audio
Marielundvej 28
DK-2730 Herlev
Denmark
VAT: 31 27 17 03

Phone: +45 40 95 22 05 (Phone hours: Monday-sonday between 10:00 and 18:00 CET)

As a note:

I have a PR-150-B preamp and a PA-250-B amp along with their service manuals. I have never had a problem with either. Every person will have their opinion, and I find both of these among the best sounding ever produced by any company.

Good Luck and Best Regards,

Rich

Hide this!Advertise here!