What happen to Thule Audio?

Ok:)
The linkedin-guys at my work are all on vacation right now, but I checked the site. I guess you´ll have to sign up for an account (free) and the add Harald as a friend explaining who you are, and then wait for him to accept your invitation. Maybe something went wrong when you tried to make an account, and thereby you´ll have great difficulties in making it work. Try a complete new username and try to registrer again for an account. Maybe read the FAQ first to see, if you need to alter some security-settings in your internet-browser, and if it´s supported at all (if you´re using something else than Internet Explorer). Guess the site works the same way as Facebook (I don´t know about that either;)). Tried every searchmachine I know of, but no luck in Finding Harald Brixen, except what you can see from Linkedin, that he´s employed at TDC (Denmarks largest phone-company), sorry.
And good luck with Linkedin :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Ok:)
The linkedin-guys at my work are all on vacation right now, but I checked the site. I guess you´ll have to sign up for an account (free) and the add Harald as a friend explaining who you are, and then wait for him to accept your invitation. Maybe something went wrong when you tried to make an account, and thereby you´ll have great difficulties in making it work. Try a complete new username and try to registrer again for an account. Maybe read the FAQ first to see, if you need to alter some security-settings in your internet-browser, and if it´s supported at all (if you´re using something else than Internet Explorer). Guess the site works the same way as Facebook (I don´t know about that either;)). Tried every searchmachine I know of, but no luck in Finding Harald Brixen, except what you can see from Linkedin, that he´s employed at TDC (Denmarks largest phone-company), sorry.
And good luck with Linkedin :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thank you for all your efforts

The URLs of the portals with CD150B offers I send to Thule Audio's former distributor who is looking for this CD player actually - thank you very much also for this advices.

I try a complete new username and try registrer again, but now in the German language for better understand the commands. Then I get this URL
Link Error | LinkedIn
and read:
"Nachrichten an Leute senden, mit denen Sie nicht direkt verbunden sind" (send a message to members that you don't have contact): only possible by premium member status for 24,95 USD/month and not by gratis member status.
In the meantime I have contact various e-mail addresses by TDC in Denmark for ask. If I haven't success, I will pay to get premium member status by linkedin and start a new try to get contact to Mr. Harad Brixen from Måløv.

Last edited:
You're welcome - and thanks for this URL from Leak - also very helpful
Now an off topic question:
for Thule Audio products (Spirit Series before 2003 and after 1997) I want to have the programming software.
The developer therefore was Mr. Harald Brixen from Måløv. His website is
Harald Brixen - Denmark | LinkedIn
I haven't success by the try to get contact with him about this site and about
KTAS (Kjøbenhavns Telefon Aktie-Selskab - Copenhagen Telecom).
If you have time, please try it for me - perhaps you have better success.
My e-mail address: kirschner-hifi@tiefbasswiedergabe.de
Thanks for your effort

More Information about Thule Audio you will find about
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/126352-what-happen-thule-audio-4.html

Thule Audio has not been one of my interests , and I know almost nothing about their products and the company.
What I know is :

... You will find it very difficult to get any answers from Thule's former developing engineer. First of all there might be copyright on the software, secondly it is hard to get such information without any payment. If you look as his CV between the lines, the engineer education has secured him as far as money is concerned.

In general, it is always as you say.
But in this case it isn't so.
And I (resp. my boss - formerlies German distributor for Thule Audio) have get most of the software developed after 2003 in the last months from the persones, that have overtaken the formerly manufactur place from Thule in Herlev (btw - also the most of the exist hardware service information/schematics).
Therefore we can perform most of the services from the "Spirit" stereo devices (but unfortunately not from the multichannel "Space" devices).
And if we have the "first generation" firmware, we can perform all the services from the "Spirit" stereo devices.

In the moment we have only one problem: to find out the contact address for Mr. Harald Brixen from Måløv. He is an other engineer than those persones, that have developed the software/firmware after 2003.
I will copy this informations from
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/131000-tva-1-export-circuit-schematic.html#post2328035
to the right thread here, because there it is "off-topic"

Last edited:
Sites in Scandinavia that have Thule gears like on Ebay?

Hifimagasinet - fr dig som r intresserad av hifi och musik

www.blocket.se

I'm currently searching for information how to repair my THULE IA 350 that stopped work 2 yers ago when it sounded like a machine gun. I have read on other sites that it might be the capacitors. The biggest ones have rounded top, the smaller have flat.

I hope to find these capacitors, wish for the best when replacing them..
http://www.newark.com/vishay-bc-components/2222-056-51153/aluminum-electrolytic-capacitor/dp/18C4501

http://www.newark.com/vishay-bc-components/2222-056-56153/capacitor-alum-elec-15000%C2%B5f-25v/dp/18C4513

I am looking to the company, that had produced the front panels of anodized aluminum for Thule Audio "Spirit" devices. It could be two different manufacturers, because three different front panel designs there are:
one without "Thule" logo (older) and one with that logo on front - again in two fifferent fonts (newer - see pdf attachement).
Who can call me the name of this company ?? Thanks in advance.

BTW - now I have contact Mr. Harald Brixen - thank you all for for the support to find them.

Concerning a model overview I have start this thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/180929-thule-audio-components-overview.html

Attachments

• Thule Audio SPIRIT outlines - first.pdf
    114.6 KB · Views: 376
  • Thule Audio SPIRIT outlines second.pdf
    74.2 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
TiefBass, here´s the company that bought most of the mechanical spareparts from Thule Audio, hopefully there´s something you can use :)
HiFi gør det selv produkter og tilbehør - Thule Audio reservedele - sidekick-audio.com
Best regards
Boydk
The old distributor schedule to produce external power supplies for several "Spirit" stereo components. At least 500 Thule audio envelopes and slotted covers there are in stock.
Therefore the necessary front panel quantities go beyond about the needing pieces of replacement parts and therefore the question about the manufacturers produce that device at those days.

I had to repair a couple of the spirit amps a few years ago. I have to say Anders Thule was very helpful and did his best to send schematics and give advice.
It is unfortunate that these are not easy amps to work on. The peculiar topology and bridged outputs make them unnessecarily complicated and the idiotic construction with surface mounted driver transistors and sm degeneration resistors is asking for trouble. One amp had simply blown up because of onboard heating resulting in lots of fiddly component replacement, and then I had fit a different power transformer because the old one was really designed for 220 volts and with 245 on it put out enough voltage to guarantee destruction of the electronics.
The second one had that stupid chip on the front board die so as no replacement was available I had to modify the whole thing to run as a slave amp only and lose all the functions (volume control, input switching etc.).
That is frequently the problem with some manufacturers, far too clever for their own good, and have clearly no experience at all when it comes to servicing/repairs.
Regards
Henry

I had to repair a couple of the spirit amps a few years ago. I have to say Anders Thule was very helpful and did his best to send schematics and give advice.
It is unfortunate that these are not easy amps to work on. The peculiar topology and bridged outputs make them unnessecarily complicated and the idiotic construction with surface mounted driver transistors and sm degeneration resistors is asking for trouble. One amp had simply blown up because of onboard heating resulting in lots of fiddly component replacement, and then I had fit a different power transformer because the old one was really designed for 220 volts and with 245 on it put out enough voltage to guarantee destruction of the electronics.
The second one had that stupid chip on the front board die so as no replacement was available I had to modify the whole thing to run as a slave amp only and lose all the functions (volume control, input switching etc.).
That is frequently the problem with some manufacturers, far too clever for their own good, and have clearly no experience at all when it comes to servicing/repairs.
Regards
Henry

In general you are right. Please read in this case post #43 and second paragraph about post #30

Only I am in a position to repair and modify all amplifiers of the Thule "Spirit" series in such kind, that it run without trouble for a very long time. Also sound quality is strongly enhanced after do this. In the meantime I claim this without a guilty conscience.

Among others, specifically for this purpose I choice very reliable 100V capacitors for the power supply, (custom made - not made in China), much more better than the partially previously used BHC T-POWER series. This caps are actually made for demanding industrial applications, much more better in all respects than typical audio capacitors (so called "Special made for Audio" by variuos suppliers). In the meantime expensive and often overpriced audio electrolytic caps with gilt lettering so as written font I hate like the plague.

Many members wish that I publish here all the schematic diagrams before and after the appropriate modification steps (include the suited explanations and photo series).

I would do that, I would write a book. Only from one model there are 5 until 8 revisions of main PCB (!!!) Consequently I will not do this. The degree of complexity is too high. And work to do this is also much too large.

BTW - the Canadian member ANATECH tell similar things concerning the Cyrus series number III and all numbers above III about
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...hematics-later-models-wanted.html#post1998327 (post #6)
But I can assure you - the service and modification work on these amps, is a very very easy task compared to that one by the SPIRIT amps from Anders Thule.

Naturally, not as cheap as a normal routine repairs - admittedly.
Nevertheless - all that is worthwhile for the user, because the other possibility would be just a new purchase, that involves significantly higher costs for the same sonic quality and reliability in all cases.

For cost estimates you can contact follow address:
audioconcept (not "audioconcepts" !!! - this is an other distributor also for audio devices)
Mr. Klaus Herrmann
Kirchenpforte 7
D-55546 Frei-Laubersheim
++49-6709-439
bowtec@gmx.de

Very importante is to know (except the model No) the serial number
and additional the rev. number of main PCB - I will release my complete overview in next time about
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/180929-thule-audio-components-overview.html

The old distributor schedule to produce external power supplies for several "Spirit" stereo components. At least 500 Thule audio envelopes and slotted covers there are in stock.
Therefore the necessary front panel quantities go beyond about the needing pieces of replacement parts and therefore the question about the manufacturers produce that device at those days.
Sorry TiefBass, but try to write that in german :). I know English isn´t my first language, but I find it quite hard to understand, what you meant by your last post :) :) :)
Sorry for my bad english. Translation in German: Der ehemalige Distributor plant die Herstellung für separate Netzteile für einige Geräte der "Spirit" Stereo Serie. Mindestens 500 Gehäuseschalen und geschlitzte Abdeckungen sind noch an Lager. Daher liegen die benötigten Mengen jenseits von den Stückzahlen, die bei Ersatzteilen üblich wären. Darum die Frage nach dem Hersteller der Frontplatten.
This means, we don't need the front panel as relacement part for any few user's !!!

Last edited:
Hi Ipanema, Did you ever find a source for diagram for IA100? I need diagram for IA150b - someone has replaced some smd caps with leaded devices. I want to make sure the values are correct. (the caps are all dried out / heat damaged)
Thanks
Chris DC

Hi,

I have the IA150B too
Since a few days, when the amp is turn on standby, I heard a sound like an ultrasonic sound..
I open the carter and some caps are heated up. This noise seems to become from theses.....
I thinks like your amp : C 4P 3.3 50V (3.3uF 50V) ?

one monthe after, when I turn it power ON, i heard a little sputter in both channels but not loud...
Now, my amp is turned OFF :(:(

I search the schematics too..
Do you have resolve your problem ?

Thanks for your answer :)
(sorry for my english..)

Hi,

I have the IA150B too
Since a few days, when the amp is turn on standby, I heard a sound like an ultrasonic sound..
I open the carter and some caps are heated up. This noise seems to become from theses.....
I thinks like your amp : C 4P 3.3 50V (3.3uF 50V) ?
one monthe after, when I turn it power ON, i heard a little sputter in both channels but not loud...
Now, my amp is turned OFF :(:(
I search the schematics too..
Do you have resolve your problem ?
Thanks for your answer :)
(sorry for my english..)
typicall effects through dried caps and faulty regulators in the burned PCB aeras. Replacing of the caps without eliminating the causes for the overheating helps only for a short time. I cannot recommend to perform the repair service as "diy"
read my posts #30 and #51 on this thread here.
Which PCB version you have in use ??

Following two companies has bought most of the remaining spare parts from Thule:
http://gato-shop.com/en/thule-audio-spare-parts-55/
Seller of parts and stuff
http://www.hifiklubben.dk/
The former distributor of Thule Audio in Denmark
What do you think, how many devices from the "Spirit" line were sold at whole ?
Perhaps you have an idea.

Last edited:
typicall effects through dried caps and faulty regulators in the burned PCB aeras. Replacing of the caps without eliminating the causes for the overheating helps only for a short time. I cannot recommend to perform the repair service as "diy"
read my posts #30 and #51 on this thread here.
Which PCB version you have in use ??
Hi tiefbassuebertr,

thank to you for responding to my issu
The PCB model is EM1015 rv.8

do you know witch part are deffected ?

Hi tiefbassuebertr,
thank to you for responding to my issu
The PCB model is EM1015 rv.8
do you know witch part are deffected ?

EM1015 rv.8 was the last PCB edition without BHC/Aerovox T-Power caps but with LM317/337 in TO220 outline instead SO-8 outline.
All SMD caps must be replace and the voltage enhancer for the front-end must remove and replace through either a lowpass filter unit (clipping point occures at lower output voltages and is now determined by the predriver-stage supply voltage value - no audible disadvantage) or an outdoor supply regulator with separate transformer. Several additional steps are necessary for enhancing the stability against unwanted oscillation and idle current drifting.
As already mentioned I don't recommend an own repair service.
By post #51 you will find an address, where you can ask for service.

I still hope to get an reply to post #56

Last edited:
EM1015 rv.8 was the last PCB edition without BHC/Aerovox T-Power caps but with LM317/337 in TO220 outline instead SO-8 outline.
All SMD caps must be replace and the voltage enhancer for the front-end must remove and replace through either a lowpass filter unit (clipping point occures at lower output voltages and is now determined by the predriver-stage supply voltage value - no audible disadvantage) or an outdoor supply regulator with separate transformer. Several additional steps are necessary for enhancing the stability against unwanted oscillation and idle current drifting.
As already mentioned I don't recommend an own repair service.
By post #51 you will find an address, where you can ask for service.

I still hope to get an reply to post #56

thank you for your response tief :p
But I live in France...
My amp work fine at this moment. Do y ou think that is time to failure is started or not ? if yes, how many hours can be work with this defect ?