Please reccomend me a good sounding amp with PCB gerber files?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I am willing to sacrifice some $ in order to get myself some factory made pcb's, but i can't find any good amp designs wich contain gerber files for the pcb's ... i like uncle Carlos's amps, and the Bora ones, but they have no PCB layouts in gerber files ...
The ones that I found were only for very high power amps like the Leach clone, Lynx, etc ...
Could you suggest some project that I can make wich contains gerber files for nicely layed out pcb. About the concept and sound expectations ... i am looking for a decision something like the Quasi NMOS amps, but with a bit smaller pcb, remade for EF or CF output stage, and for bipolar transistors. I have two pairs of 2SC5198 and two pairs of 2SA1941. Something like a rather less powerfull amp (I have +/-30V), but good sounding ... can anyone help me, please? :rolleyes: :D

p.s. My speakers (DIY of course) are 8 ohms. :)

kalmara said:
Hello, I am willing to sacrifice some $ in order to get myself some factory made pcb's, but i can't find any good amp designs wich contain gerber files for the pcb's ... i like uncle Carlos's amps, and the Bora ones, but they have no PCB layouts in gerber files ...
The ones that I found were only for very high power amps like the Leach clone, Lynx, etc ...
Could you suggest some project that I can make wich contains gerber files for nicely layed out pcb. About the concept and sound expectations ... i am looking for a decision something like the Quasi NMOS amps, but with a bit smaller pcb, remade for EF or CF output stage, and for bipolar transistors. I have two pairs of 2SC5198 and two pairs of 2SA1941. Something like a rather less powerfull amp (I have +/-30V), but good sounding ... can anyone help me, please? :rolleyes: :D

p.s. My speakers (DIY of course) are 8 ohms. :)

Why dont you design your own PCB, they arent that difficult.
There is loads of free and paid for stuff on the net.

Re: Re: Please reccomend me a good sounding amp with PCB gerber files?

nigelwright7557 said:

Why dont you design your own PCB, they arent that difficult.
There is loads of free and paid for stuff on the net.

Beacause I can not do it THAT good ... i am as far as a newbie goes, no proffesional experience ...
Example - take a look at the DX Classic pcb, or the Nmos-200, how symmetric, how beautifully layed out components, etc ...

About the class A - I'm not a fan, i don't wanna die of overheat in my room. :D
The symasym looks nice, but for now it's only a proposition - any one else? :rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.