Cascode VS Wilson Swapped Mirror

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm sorry if this is asked before. I've tried searching high and low for the answers but unfortunately they don't have sufficient information. I also searched this forum.

http://www.edaboard.com/ftopic87893.html

I found the above link to be the closest to the answer but still insufficient to meet my demands.

basically, i'm looking to use either wilson swapped or cascode current mirror for my diamond buffer. I'm not sure which one would be better theoretically. Simulations gave me slightly lower THD with the Wilson Swapped.

i also plan to use it for the folded cascode stage on my discrete amplifier. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

This would be an example.

EDIT: I'm looking for a comparison between these two mirrors specifically for bipolar junction transistors. Thank you.

Attachments

• diamond buffer.png
    diamond buffer.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 459
The cascoded normal current mirror/CCS typically has a better transient response (no overshoot), but the Wilson has a bit more bandwidth, at the cost of overshoot. More benefitial to your design might be the use of BJT's with high early voltage (that is, BC5xxA's in your example) for those transistors which have big Vce voltage swings.

- Klaus

So it's better for my buffer to use the Wilson Swapped Current Mirror instead right?

Also here's another circuit i would like the apply the mirrors to:

Reference: Diamante Folded Cascode Amplifier by Russ White.

The mirror at the folded Cascode stage. Which one would be better for the application? I'll probably use 2N5088 2N5087 or BC560C BC550C

Thanks.

Attachments

• schem.pdf
    17 KB · Views: 203
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.