TEAC AG-5D HT Amp Help Anyone...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings from Nairobi, Kenya!

I appreciate that home theater is a little frowned upon in these parts, but do bear with me as I badly need help/advice with one "old" such.

This fairly "clean" looking unit powers on into standby, and then refuses any attempt to get it out of this mode. It will come alight for 2 to three seconds, during which every button in the front seems to work ok, then clicks right back into standby

Might anyone around these parts be in the know as to whether this worth having a shot at repairing, or is it a "dead duck" fit for the garbage heap i.e. is this kind of "stuck-in-standby"error likely to be somewhere in the discrete component side of things or in the "impossible to source/solder 40-pin SMD ASIC/EPROM/PAL" side of stuff.

Might there be a service manual for the AG-5D floating around? If yes, I would not mind a copy. The one site I was able to find a service manua at, is not in a position to receive/process funds from equatorial Africa...
:(

GAgola
Nairobi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.