Clicking noise when other appliance is turned on

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

recently I discovered one problem with my Pioneer receiver SX 9930. When any other appliance (CD player, tape recorder, even washing machine etc....) is turned on or off via mains switch, I hear loud click in speakers. Sometimes even speaker protection is triggered.

Did any of you had similar problem, and what could be done to eliminate those clicks?

Thank you all,

Ivo

Actually, it is over 30 years old, manufactured in 1976:) Model for different market (non European) was SX 939.

What was changed in my system was speaker cables and AC outlet. I allready did plug back receiver at 'old' AC outlet, but effect is still present. Clicking is present when receiver works alone, with or without RCA cables plugged in inputs and it doesn't matter if I chenge position of mains cable in socket of any unit (changing phase and '0'). So I eliminated moving and changing mains socket as possible problem.

I was thinking on some kind of mains filter but I would like to know did anybody else have similar problem and what was possible solutions.

Ivo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.