Problem with a NAD 3130

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I dunno - you guys can't have looked too hard for the service manual. Here's a free download link but a donation would be appreciated by the service provider: nad 3130 integrated amplifier service manual Download page :: Schematics Unlimited
And what do we find in the amplifier schematic? Right, it's yet another repackaged NAD 3020 . This time, the PCB layout looks to be laid out logically and has a a few nice grounding arrangements.

Still, after decades of reissues, I'm sure this line of amplifiers has now joined the ranks of undead or zombie electronics. You can easy kill 'em but the dead boxes get up and come after you if you don't do proper repairs :zombie: :D

Sorry for the quality, this is the best I could get....

Attachments

• hfe_nad_3130_service-013.jpg
    hfe_nad_3130_service-013.jpg
    575.4 KB · Views: 172
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Minus 25 or 26 volts on the emitter of Q504 looks OK. Doing a really rough and ready calculation and I got around +20 for the expected emitter volts of Q501 although I can't make out the exact resistor values for a couple of locations. It seems reasonable to assume the supplies would be approximately symmetrical though.

(both those devices, 2SD669 and 2SB649 would be number one suspects... they are of a type that can and does give various issues. BD139/140 would be a good swap, and if they are not on heatsinks then TIP41 and TIP42 but watch the pinouts, they are reversed compared to the others)

nad 3130 switch on/off stereo problem

Hello , i have restaured my nad 3130 recently because he had a buzzing at 100hertz , changing of power capacitors, and now he works very well but on th cd/video/tuner input i have the right speakers that works and in mono mode both works and on the tape play input stereo works!! can someone help me, please.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
... now he works very well but on th cd/video/tuner input i have the right speakers that works and in mono mode both works and on the tape play input stereo works.......
The left channel of the input selector switch is not working properly if you have both speakers producing sound in mono mode but only right channel in stereo. When in tape playback mode, you are bypassing the input selector switch and avoiding the problem.

If you a hear a proper stereo signal using the tape input and selector, then the problem is the input selector switch contacts or its soldering joints to the PCB. These may be worn, dirty or even broken so try another input like tuner etc. and verify the problem.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
My question is about stereo signal rather than mono in both channels. Can you hear a stereo output from both speakers or only a mono output from both speakers?
The burnt resistor is likely a new problem caused in the restoration work but we have no idea what it relates to since you don't refer to the schematic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.