my heat sink picture

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all,

i am now on the construction of the heat sink. it is as i told you.
it is now i am making. hulf of the way i took picture let you know how i am making. center will be quiet type mid speed fan. i have nothing so special tools available. only dril and scru driver....pencil and calculator. today probably will be finsh.

all metals are aluminium.

metal of the plate = solid aluminium
diameter of the plate = 12inch
plate thickness = 10mm
fins thickness = 0.3mm
fins height = 4 inch
fins length = 3.5inch

what do you think about heat disipraion? how many watts can put on it?

thanks for your view and comments.

spcly dear Dx.....need your comments too...as i am looking for turbo-DXxxxxx ....on it.....ha..ha...

Thank you
michael

Attachments

• img_0402-2.jpg
    img_0402-2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,268
It's not looking bad, the efficiency of those fins may be less than you might like if they're not extremely well coupled to the base. It might be worth trying to find some transparent PTC and putting a thin layer between them and the base. If the metal the fins is made out of is thin, you can also improve how well it clamps down to the base by adding a thicker strip of something like steel between the screw heads and the top of the folded bit on the fin - so it spreads the squeezing out more.

just finished the heat sink construction

hi,

just finished the heat sink. yes i will put some tharmal grses under those fins to have proper contact. here is the finsihed pic...but still there are more to be done now.

all done at my home. there is no one here only me......he...he..

thank you..

Attachments

• img_0406-2.jpg
    img_0406-2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,083
Beautifull dear Space....but you have opened a second thread about the same subject

ask the moderators to join them.

Very nice Flying Sauce heatsink.... a nice UFO (unindentified flying object)....hehehe.... i like that.

The power, in my experience, will be 446 watts.... or ... a 446 watts rms amplifier (or amplifiers), producing around 650 watts of heat, will be "controled" by your flying sauce heatsink.

How to calculate.... i have learned that observing what is good for a 10 watts power amplifier, a RMS clean power, sinusoidal power, undistorted, continuous ..... i have found an aluminium square of 10 centimeters side and 2 to 3 milimeters thick would work fine..... so..... based on that....... it is just a very easy calculation.

If 100 square centimeters can hold 10 watts amplifier... then..... XXXX square centimeters will hold (W)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• flying sauce... ufo heatsink.gif
    flying sauce... ufo heatsink.gif
    14.7 KB · Views: 787
Without that dam dirty thermal paste you will not have good results

Clean the thermal paste excess using cotton swab, clotch with petrol diluting material, alike gasoline, thinner, Kerozene, or paint remover.
Congratulations, you are having an excelent idea...you may create an excelent amplifier, one of the most pretty of this forum.

The Flying sauce power amplifier.... wonderfull idea....my deep and sincere congratulations.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• correction.gif
    correction.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 742
Hi Dx,

Thank you, thank you for your invitation and comments. Actually I was facing problem due to arranging a good heat sink from the local market. It’s too expensive to have those are just normal and too small. 9” X 7” inch already cost me $28 to $35 each, not so good. I was thinking for it quite long time. Can’t find any good or huge heat sink in good price. I went to search for kind of Alluminium material available at local supplier. I found some I can use. I ever used thin plate squire shape but not good for heat sink as its get hot too fast, even how big I make. I touched back of the heat sink where the transistor located. I found it’s not suitable to use, too thin like 3mm sheet. I made a decision to use thick plate with flyer fins like flying souce. It will looks nice and work too. I had drawn many times to think which shape will do. I wanted to make amp as like space ship. All my own design. Material is not so expensive. Believe me or not. I only spend on it, The plate cost me only $25 + $12 fins sheet for each heat sink. Currently I bought two plates and two sheets, today just made one. Now I will make another one. If one can take two channel then will use one other wise will use two pcs heat sink.

cost for each is = $25 + $12 + scru ($ 2.70 ) = $39.70
Now I will add a fan….hvnt decide yet what type of fan will be placing into the center. I keep space for fan.
I don’t think like this heat sink will sale in the market so cheap. Also will be adding thermal pad or gum under each fins.

Transistors will be mount under the heat sink like circle shape with huge copper plate. The sink will mount on top of the amp at outside then it will looks nice.

Thanks for comments.

Best regards
Michael

Send me a mail Sebastian, not to use the thread

and please, tell me the danger about that use.

What the possible harms, the consequences, the possible bad use?... send me an E mail about please.

I have Orkut, MSN, pictures into this forum (hundreds), other foruns, Skype, Picasa and many other places... had never worried if people will make bad use... i do not care about.... i do not mind...but maybe i do not mind because there are things I do not know...please, go ahead (by mail) and give this help to your innocent forum friend.

I do not visit sex places into the internet, maybe they use our kids pictures to offer sex... fake of course...no one can make sex with a picture...also i have none psiquiatric disturb to be worried about possibilites... try to imagine if i will start to be afraid of terrorists to explode my building..there are only Christians here!

Because of that, as you may be more experienced, as you are asking me to be carefull, tell me please (by mail, direct mail) the problems we can have behaving this way.... maybe i am endangering my kids without knowledge of those things.

My daugthers are all them lovely, one more pretty than the other...i am lucky... this may be a problem....maybe

panzertoo@yahoo.com

Danke

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.