hafler xl280 amp info

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
null setting

Hello guys!
This is my first post in this community, semms I've found a very nice crazy diy club!
My question is about the null setting: how is it done?

I've read the "null & ABX test" thread (almost a flame;) ) and I'm wondering what kind of equipment do I need to make this kind of null test (if I understood correctly a voltage divider at the output of the amp isn't the solution, is it?).

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you all!

null testing

Thanks Tube_Dude!

I'm very sorry, I've asked about a subject well explained in another thread:whazzat:

Something to read and think about, now.

Some questions are arising yet, but I'll look to see if the answers are in this thread!

Ciao!

P.S.:is this the way to set the variable capacitor in the xl280 too, looking for a "better null"?

improvements?

Just curious ... are you willing to share the "improvements" you built into your version?

I played with this design over the years (although not so much lately).

mlloyd1

nw_avphile said:
I liked it so much I later built a "super XL-280" based on my own design with several improvements and slightly more power.

Re: improvements?

Wow, very interesting, guys!

I've played a little bit with the DH200, but I wish to improve now! I hope I can have a lot of interesting suggestions from you all!

Can I start with the first question?

I'm not able to find the schematic of the XL-600, and I'd like to have more power for my ML Monoliths. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!!!

Paolo

mlloyd1 said:
Just curious ... are you willing to share the "improvements" you built into your version?

I played with this design over the years (although not so much lately).

mlloyd1

Question for nw_avphile or anyone else

I have a question about building an XL-280 using a slightly different power transformer.

I have a pair of Dynaco ST-150 (ST-300) transformers that can supply 50 VDC +/- and 75 VDC +/- at about the same VA rating as the XL-280 transformer.

What happens if I build an amp using the Dynaco trasformer. It will run the circuit cards at around 75VDC and the MOSFET output stage at around 50 VDC. Will this work OK? Will the approx. 25VDC difference in voltage between circuit card and output stage cause a problem?

I realize that the output power will be less by using 50VDC than if it were 65VDC. I don't care about the power difference, I just want to build an XL-280 clone without the need to purchase transformers.

Any help on this?

Hafler xl-280 modifications?? sub volume...

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows about using this amp as a subwoofer amp and increasing the volume out of it. I currently have it bridged at 400watts but really am not getting enough juice out of it. I was thinking of putting the signal through a preamp but would rather just kick up the volume somehow without messing with the signal from the reciever. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
~chris
cpeterson415@yahoo.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.