heat sink design, pls help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Space2000, you have a gift to not answer quiestions, so once again:
How thick are the fins?
What is your target thermal resistance, or what power do you plan to dissipate on that heatsink?

I think that you could improve it a lot if you used for example U-shaped fins instead of L which you have now.
And the second thought is that you can stack the Us in layers, you maybe could have even 3 U-fins ontop each other, attached with the two bolts.

The problem is that you need the flattest surface possible on both sides, so you could press it on some matrice and then grind it.

update heat sink with class A amp

dear all,

i just tried my heat sink by using class A amp. Today nothings to do due to Dx-turbo rebuilding so i was wondering testing for class A amp.
i build Aleph-3 30 watts last time so i put 6 mosfets on it.i think watts should be more then 30w due to high ampire, i am using 10 ampire. i used one channel on my heat sink, i was surprised lots. after and hour run the temp is only 34c and my amb is now 29c night time.

i think the heat sink is working very very fine.

picture is attached. pls don't see the mass....ok...i just was testing heat sink parformence.

thank you
michael

Attachments

• aleph-3.jpg
    aleph-3.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 176
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.