Modifying an Original Richter scale crossover ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I accidentally bought an original Audiocontrol Richter Scale crossover from Ebay, and I'm sorry but I don't like it.

Are there any mods to be done to increase the slope of the crossover point from 6db/octive low pass and 18db/octave high pass to both being 18db or better yet 24db/octave crossover point? And perhaps even lowering the crossover point to 60Hz? Instead of the 100hz/800hz option I suppose 100Hz/60Hz would be nice.

If there is a thread on this I couldn't find it, so please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

The high pass is 6dB, the low pass is 18dB.

The frequency is easily changed, the topology of the crossover isn't.

The 4136 opamps aren't the best, Brown Dog sells adaptors for better.

I suggest you use it like the Dahlquist crossover, active low pass with a passive high pass. Upgrade the electrolytic coupling caps.

Thanks so much for the help, I'll get ahold of Brow Dog shortly. I was thinking of throwing in a passive coil like you say, but I'd like to try modding first. Anyway there's to many highs comming through the sub, I need the sub to drop off quicker. They have it backwards, I'd like to try and fix it.

If anybody knows how to lower the x-over piont, please speak up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.