LTC Library Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I got a new laptop a few months ago and downloaded SwitchCADIII from the LTC website.

However, when I try to add new models to the existing library's, it says 'access denied'. This is not a problem I had previously.

Has anybody else picked up this problem?

BTW, my PC is running on Vista, my previous one on Windows XP. I note that under Vista, the Help menu does not work either. I am set up as the administrator.

I reinstalled SwitchCADIII - no joy - problem persists.

:confused:

i got a new laptop last week and had this same problem.
i am logged in as admin also. still had to do the following:
only if i first right click on the icon to run LTC, choosing "run as admin" to start LTC, then i could do everything (messing about with with libraries and updating the program, for example) that i could previously do in XP os.

yuk ...

mlloyd1

Bonsai said:
I got a new laptop a few months ago and downloaded SwitchCADIII from the LTC website.

However, when I try to add new models to the existing library's, it says 'access denied'. This is not a problem I had previously.

Has anybody else picked up this problem?

BTW, my PC is running on Vista, my previous one on Windows XP. I note that under Vista, the Help menu does not work either. I am set up as the administrator.

I reinstalled SwitchCADIII - no joy - problem persists.

:confused:

I got a new laptop a couple of months ago and specifically made sure that I got it with XP. Sounds like I made the right decision :)

Cheers,
Bob

Re: Re: LTC Library Problem

indeed you did.
i've had mine only a week. if the price wasn't so good, i'd return it.
that "PC versus MAC" commercial where PC is having a group therapy session about OS is dead on.
if i find enough XP drivers for the hardware, i'll reload it.
and i'm a lookin ...

mlloyd1

Bob Cordell said:
I got a new laptop a couple of months ago and specifically made sure that I got it with XP. Sounds like I made the right decision :)

Cheers,
Bob

Re: Re: Re: LTC Library Problem

mlloyd1 said:
indeed you did.
i've had mine only a week. if the price wasn't so good, i'd return it.
that "PC versus MAC" commercial where PC is having a group therapy session about OS is dead on.
if i find enough XP drivers for the hardware, i'll reload it.
and i'm a lookin ...

mlloyd1

Yes, I love that commercial. Why can't Microsoft get it right for once when they release a new OS? You would think that they would do oodles of beta testing and not let an embarrassment like VISTA out the door before at least most of the stupid stuff was fixed.

Cheers,
Bob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.