Replacement for 2SA1930/2SC5171

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Hi Jan

Just some info

Toshiba will be releasing 2 new driver transistors pretty soon, no datasheets available at the moment. One a 2A and the other 1A.
Together there will be new releases of power output trannies too, datasheets if i remember correctly are already available, only one stockits i know of that has them and they located in the states. I didnt see any improvement spec wise over the much loved 2sa1943||2sc5200 combo. It remains to be seen what happens with the drivers.

There are many other driver trannies around some of which will even outperform the 2sa1930||2sc5171 most notably from Sanyo and are listed as current products. As someone has mentioned that segor electronics stocks large variation of sanyo products and you are pretty close i will mention 2 that they possible might have.
2SA1249||2SC3117, 2SA1507||2SC3902. There are others too but as always finding them is another story.

Alex

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Thanks for the info, ill have a look. Looking at the pictures for these trannies at segor they seem to me to be copies or fakes. Thats not how sanyo transistors are usually labelled but i dont know for sure if they have changed style. As yet im awaiting a factory response. Also the 2sa1507 is not obsolete as stated acording to sanyos website.

Alex

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Stay away Jan I saw them first :D :D :D :D

Provided they supply as shown in the picture, those are the real deal as i know them. I purchase sanyo transistors semi direct from factory but have to wait sometimes for long periods so have to buy elsewhere too and never seen them look different to that picture. That is offcourse in the To220 package. Thats why Im suspicious of the segor ones, there is no group E for that tranny and the number is never been below the gain group or rather say ive never seen it like that before.
However segors prices are more in line to what ive known, which would make kessler a bargain buy. Cheap usually means fake but in this case ive compared their other transistor prices and most are cheaper then elsewhere. Look at 2sa1930 for example, not to mention 2sa1943. :scratch: :scratch:

Weissi, any experience buying from these two suppliers??

Alex

Most of the "interessting" BJT stuff that kessler-electronic offers is from Inchange Semicon (ICS). I expected the 2SA1930/2SC5171 to be ICS too, but surprise, they are genuine Toshiba. At least I would bet that they are. Had a look into the Toshiba case and marking doc's. All details are correct.
The Toshiba JFET's too are original, although rather "old" stuff, 1998 etc.. (Yeah I know this makes them even better)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hfe measured with a simple DMM is 200 +/-3 for 30 pcs. 2SC5171 !

more:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Look at the 2SD424, at that price it seems to be a real bargain. (DIE size!)

2SK170 is BL, 2SK369 is GR,
BC550/560 are Philips/CDIL,
2N5401/5551 are genuine ON,
BD139/140, MJE340/350 are CDIL semicon,
MJ15030/31 are genuine ON,
IRFP240/9240 genuine IRF.

I don't want to make advertising for kessler, but they have the best prices for almost everything. AVR's are cheap too, as are toroid transformators.

Don't know how much they take for shipping outside of Germany/Austria....

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Thanks for the pics very informative, i still prefer to stick to original sanyo or toshiba parts because ive never had any problems with the originals. On the other hand fakes, copies can be problematic. There are a few companies like isc, also in india, but the thing is how do i know that im getting simmilar quality. The datasheets they provide are just the parameters taken from the originals, something tells me they just wouldnt be the same and for sure some parameters would change. Are they doing quality control??? I find it strange that a company like toshiba would even allow someone else to make copies, im sure they know about these companies. I wonder if it is because they usually located elsewhere and makes it hard to do something about or do they licence out to these companies.??? Anyone know??
The 2sa1930 do indeed look orginal and since isc dont make them i guess they are safe. I wonder if kessler would send me a pic of the sanyos they have in stock before i place an order as i wouldnt want to recieve anything but that what is shown on that pic. I hate it when suppliers say and show one thing but then supply copies, its misleading.
Their prices are very good indee

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.