Please explain what I did

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyways guys this looks like a mess, now that I think about it. Will do with your recommendations and use this on a rebuilt KRK monitor with an active XO. For the bigger project, ordering 8 or 10 ch. of Mr Daniel's PCBs and Mr Elliott's Active XO and going to town ordering samples of parts... Thanks for your help!

Hello. I hope you're still watching this.

As advice to you, I would say not to worry too much if people here tell you that it isn't worth modding. I believe that you should do what you want to do in the name of freedom. Do what you think will make it sound better, and see if it really does. What matters in the end is what YOU think. If people see you as being ignorant for doing what you want, don't worry. In the end it will be YOU who has learned from EXPERIENCE and HANDS-ON, and YOU will know enough to decide for YOURSELF what is worth it and what is not, and how to go about your business.

Even if 2 years from now you realize that it was all just a dream and you really didn't do anything special... The components are still there. :) You haven't lost your money yet. Tear it apart and make something that REALLY works. :) Don't let us make you worry, except in cases like where you might want to be careful, like mains wiring. :) Don't get zapped...

And most of all, have fun. Get the most out of it that you can.

If you look at my posts from say, when I first registered... I didn't know anything. This forum is ultimately what brought me coming-of-age maturity. :) But now I know many very important things, and they are the things that make a great engineer. They are not technical aspects, it is not knowledge. It is YOU who is the engineer, and if you believe in YOU, then you will be just fine. learning is done fastest and most effectively when you're confident in yourself.

At any rate,

The wiring looks fine to me, though I'm no expert. I think it's best to keep cords clear of anything magnetic that could induce currents like inductors, coils, etc.

I wish I was lucky enough to have something like this. :)

All I have is the 60-75W amps that are usually a power output stage driven by some TDA chipamp or another. There's not much that I know I can do with these, though I haven't looked yet.

At any rate good luck! :)

I would have replied sooner except that the DIYAUdio server only just started to send me reply notifications on my subscribed threads. :(

- keantoken

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.