This is the DHR.... Dx High Resolution Turbo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Soon we gonna have a very nice schematic

It is "under revision" into Todd Johnson's computer.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• imagem.gif
    imagem.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 3,825
Dear Dx,

i just send you 6 songs and musics, those are large files. last night i tried to send but couldn't due to server too busy. anyway today early morning i wakeup to send all songs. I have send you in few emails. if you can't download then pls let me know, i can save into CD then send to you by post.

best regards
Michael

Dear Space, i need some help from you.... btw, thanks by the music

I will be downloading and listening them this morning...thank you.

I need informations about 2SC5200 price in your place.... the price converted to United States Dollares please.

I have friends that have found those transistors costing around 3 US dollares each..... also they have found costing 2.5 dollares...well...i use to pay in Recife (northeastern part of this country) around 5 dollares each one.

Those parts to enter my country have to pay taxes, and this almost double the price...so.... 5 dollares is the normal price i think...those others may have entered without pay the custom taxes (not legal transistors).....or they can be fake.... and we are
starting to receive fakes here too... starting into out south extreme of this country, near Paraguai, the place from were a lot of fake things enters my country.

I have found, in this forum, 3 Euros as the price... and this makes sense to me.

Can you please inform price in your country?

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• imagem.jpg
    imagem.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,906
I have downloaded and i am listening your music

Into the first moment i perceived that your music style ask for very low THD and IMD.....into this first moment i could see that Jan Dupont amplifier would fit your needs in a better way then my amplifiers.... they can be sligthly (you can perceive) better to your music style...but i will listen with carefull and will suggest modification to my amplifier to match (better) your music style.

The Indian style music was the prefered one...and this one plays beautifull with my amplifier.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• thank you.gif
    thank you.gif
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,757
Dear Dx,

All are in US$, conversion rate is 1Us$= 1.4 Singapore $ ) it is not really very accurate. actually now i saw on TV 1.385.

anyway, i bought at first was very expensive as i didn't know where to look for. my exp about 2sc5200, first i bought was us$5 Each. then i looks for more btr one. i found the wholesale supplier, she sold to me US$2.14 Each and + 7% GST(goods tax, it is our gov tax). i had used it, i couldn't find any wrong with it. it is Toshiba Brand written on it. looks nothing fake. as i have seen on internet fake 2sc5200. if you want, i can show you the picture. this is the cheapest i ever found here in Singapore. there are many place can buy but most of them takes high price.

if your country post have no problem then i can send you a pair of 2sc5200/2sa1943 by post (for this, you don't need to pay me).

best regards
michael

DX, actually i wanted to let you know the sound of music instruments are using on all those songs. now you can listen and bring out those instruments quality sound.

honestly i tells you. i don't understand indian song. I listen gosal, its makes me very peaceful. listen those Violin .....you gonna be sleeping....soon....

best regards.

Question for DX.

Dear DX,

i have one question, it is always remaining in my mind. i want to ask you. as you are making so beautiful sound quality amp. why you never make Class-A amp. i think many of us hopping for this. applying quality preamp section on it to making the sound even more btr sonic then ever.

as i am not electronics engineer. i am not the right person to give you direction or to ask you to do. This is my own question. as Class-A making pure clean sound with 360deg curve.

best regards
michael

If you had informs about the mail cost to Brasil you would give up

to offer me such things dear Michael.

Not needed...i am having enougth parts here...hundreds of good transistor i have received from Dudainc...from Sanken... 2SA1303 and complementary....and they can do the job till 70 volts rails without problems.

The problem is that some local friends the ones wants to build my amplifiers, are having problems to find good parts...those guys are my Orkut and Brazilian forum friends.

Maybe those "fake" ones are not really fake...maybe not selected by gain into the factory...maybe small defects, not to make them junk they migth have sold and then.... then we gonna have some suppliers having a little bit "out of specification" transistors.... sold by special price...as received from the factory very cheap too (out of specification)

My weather is hot my dear Space.... no conditions to use class A amplifier in my home....if i switch one class A unit here i have to go out from my home not to be cooked....no conditions to survive into 30 degrees average (celsius) environemnt using class A amplifiers...they are excelent, beautifull, special sonics..but no way to me to have one working here...i have made several, and i agree they sound great...also compressive, also low power, also waste of energy...but they are great.

No chance to have one here....only if stay at my home switched off to decorate my living room or something alike.

regards,

Carlos

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
DHR Turbo schematic

Current schematic attached. This is just a quick update to fix the Zoebel filter problem. A more complete one will come soon. Consider this version 0.9.

The latest one will always be sent to Greg Erskine for his website at

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gerskine/dxamp/

(Greg will post it as soon as he gets a chance. Maybe not immediately.)

..Todd

Attachments

• dhr turbo.pdf
    25.7 KB · Views: 687
Excelent that dear Greg Erskine is once again "into the circuit"

Helping us..... his cooperation has no value.... excelent help.

He is busy...having some family personal a little bit sick...he may delay a little.... i hope things are better to dear Greg.

I am re building the DHR.... was made last year... and tested last year....here you have the HRII prototype board that will be modified to DHR.

Also you can see the supply and 7 pairs of transistors..they are Sanken 2SA1303 and 2SC3284..... 15 amperes and 125 watts.... 30 Megahertz when operating with 5 amperes (good).

Yes...not pretty....but i do not bother with those things...have to sound fine.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• today picture 2.jpg
    today picture 2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,946

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
A couple of minor questions for you Carlos,

Usually I see smaller parallel caps (~100nF ) on the big rail caps, but not here. Do you prefer not to use them? Same question for feedback, and even input cap I suppose.

Also, I usually see the rail caps at both ends (input and output) of the rails. Why not here? Not needed for the output side?

Thanks!

..Todd

All them are needed dear Taj...including the output ones... the condenser and the

47N or 100N capacitor to.... the electrolic and the condenser....well...those names are confused to me because of Portuguese language...

In Brasil, the Electrolitic Condenser is not considered a Capacitor..ahahahah... it is a Condenser.

Capacitor name we use to the NON electrolitic ones.

I forgot...had not space into my simulator ot put those things...also my supply has huge condensers and capacitors to the output side and my wires are short.

But all condensers, and always, in my amplifiers, should have capacitors in parallel... also Electrolitic into the output and into the input rail voltage too.

This one may use big condensers, because rail has a single resistance, and this do not helps to stabilize the current as a voltage regulator...but the main intention into this amplifier is "power into low impedance loads"... attention to sonics exists of course...but it is not the main target.

Into the output side, 1000uf will be good enougth.

Please, put them into the schematic (The Johnson rail condensers)

Nico's rail condensers are the big ones..ahahahaha.

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.