HIGH Fidelity-amp discussion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,

I am just wondering about "HIGH Fidelity amp with mid watts by using 8 pair of 2sc5200 and watts can be 100 to 150rms...making class AB amp. Is it possible to make?

As I have seen some very expensive amp using many power transistors to produce nice strong sound but in mid output watts. I have found that low fidelity amp doesn’t produce strong life sound.

I am not an engineer as I said earlier. I might be wrong but I want to understand.

Thank you
michael

space2000 said:
hi,

I am just wondering about "HIGH Fidelity amp with mid watts
by using 8 pair of 2SC5200 and watts can be 100 to 150 Wrms...making class AB amp. Is it possible to make?

As I have seen some very expensive amp using many power transistors to produce nice strong sound but in mid output watts. I have found that low fidelity amp doesn’t produce strong life sound.

I am not an engineer as I said earlier. I might be wrong but I want to understand.

Thank you
michael

'mid watts'
maybe like 100-150 Watts into 4 Ohm or 8 Ohm speakers

'using 8 pair of 2SC5200'
Now 8 Pairs, is same as 8x2 = 16 Transistors 2 SC5200.
What is not clear, is if you ONLY will use NPN 2SC5200
... or if you mean PNP, 2SA1943, too

=======================

If you only want to use NPN transistors (only 2SC5200),
you should search forum for
'Quasi' or
'N-Channel' ... amplifier

Because this is what we normally call amplifiers with only NPN output devices.

This is one way, to try to make Truly Complementry Amplifier
Because there is No case, of perfect complementary NPN + PNP pairs, not yet ;)

regars, lineup

space2000 said:
I am just wondering about "HIGH Fidelity amp with mid watts by using 8 pair of 2sc5200 and watts can be 100 to 150rms...making class AB amp. Is it possible to make?
Hi

It's not all about the output transistors if you’re shooting for "high performance". The driving circuits (input, VAS, ect) are really the determining factor, IMHO. You could make a great amplifier using "cheap" outputs, if you have no objection to complexity.:dodgy: With 8 pair of 2SC5200/2SA1943 for 100Wrms class A is not out of the picture, eh?

thats why i want to know what is really works for high quality sound from amp. thanks CBS240....

i ever heard from some amp quality sound, i don't know watts are there. may be not much but sound so nice and the bass is very tight with deep.....trble too sweet...don't know what is there in side...ha...ha....

thanks again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.