EAD Power Master 1000, Blown fuse ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I have a EAD Power master 1000, 5-chanel power amplifier which blow the external fuse at startup.
I tryed to disconnect cable for cabel yo see which part of the ampifier where shorted.
But afer disconecting the power from the diodebridge output (+ and -) I manage to start the amplifier without blowing the fuse.
However after some futher on/off switching even this blowed the fuse
The EAD Power master 1000 has a start-up board sins it has a touch switch for start up.
Does this board also include a soft start circuit which could be fault ?
Does anyone have any sugestions how to progress ?
The fuse rating is 3,15 A/250V and I have not tested a higher rating. Should I ?
BR
Pix
Sweden

pixworld said:
Hi
I have a EAD Power master 1000, 5-chanel power amplifier which blow the external fuse at startup.
I tryed to disconnect cable for cabel yo see which part of the ampifier where shorted.
But afer disconecting the power from the diodebridge output (+ and -) I manage to start the amplifier without blowing the fuse.
However after some futher on/off switching even this blowed the fuse
The EAD Power master 1000 has a start-up board sins it has a touch switch for start up.
Does this board also include a soft start circuit which could be fault ?
Does anyone have any sugestions how to progress ?
The fuse rating is 3,15 A/250V and I have not tested a higher rating. Should I ?
BR
Pix
Sweden

If the main fuse is blowing then something serious has blown.

1/ Output transistors.
2/ PSU capacitors gone short.
3/ Bridge gone short circuit.
4/ Transformer died.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.