Nakamichi PA-7A II Service Manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Recently acquired one of these little gems, and am looking for the service manual. I've come up with a manual for the original PA-7 (happy to provide to anyone that would like it), but not the later model II. Would much appreciate it if anybody has one. Thanks in advance! - Ziggy

The PA-7 and the PA-7E were the first models, 200WPC (8 ohms). The PA-7 was for North America and Australia, and the 'E' model for Europe. The differences were in the power supply section to accomodate local differences and compliance requirements. The same for the PA-7A II and the PA-7E II, but the 'II' model was an 'updated' model with 225WPC (8 ohms). Still a STASIS design and all. So basically you have models for 110V and for 240V, and original and 'updated' versions. This is why I need the service manual: to determine just what the differences are. Comparing the schematics and parts lists should be informative.

Hi!

Sorry I, have PA-7 SM.

I, found differences, lok on the pisture!

Regards zeoN_Rider

Attachments

• 1-1.jpg
    1-1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 359
Interesting. That may be a picture of the protection circuit modifications that were apparently done to some PA-7s, and supposedly incorporated into the PA-7 II models.

Differences I *have* found by comparing brochures is that the PA-7 is listed as having 16 output devices per channel and a 700 Watt transformer, while the PA-7 II is listed as having 18 output devices per channel and a 700VA transformer. They're probably actually the same transformer, just using different terms (even though Watts and VA are not exactly interchangeable). We'll see what the parts lists shows. For the PA-7 II there is a reference to a 'refined voltage amplifier stage'. So the differences are beginning to add up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.