Marantz 2245 replaceing power switch - need help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings, new to the forums

i inherited my grandfathers 2245 in excellent working condition and i use it regularly as part of my home theater. 2 days ago the power switch will no longer click into the on position and stay locked. i have ordered a replacement switch and while i wait for it to arrive i figured id start taking it apart.

i searched the forums for a while and came up empty i may have missed it though theres alot of information here

little background on me. i am an auto mechanic with an electrical background the task at hand is no problem or so i thought.....

the problem is the switch looks like a PITA to get to and i have to disassemble the faceplate i have been able to remove all but 2 of the knobs the volume knob and the mid range adjuster knob I am afraid to apply to much force with a prying tool i don't want to damage the face or the knob or brake the pots. any suggestions? any suggestions for easy replacement of the power switch? pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi,
As long as there are no grub screws holding them they will come off. Use two thin driver blades 180 degrees apart and paper or card as a cushion and prise e'm off. They can be tight, very tight !
There usually no easy way, just plenty of screws to dismantle.

thank you very much for the input, all the knobs are press fit onto splined pot shafts. the ones i got off before posting came right off with some pulling by hand. i used an old spoon with some electrical tape on the back and slowly worked around the knobs they both came right off after some work. once i was able to get the faceplate off and get to the mounting screws on the switch theres enough wire i was able to snake it out the side and once my new switch arrive ill be in working order again. thank you so much for the suggestions. never would of thought to use a spoon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.