speaker protect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys,

As i know, most of the speaker protect i have seen is for two channels, left and right.

Now, a friend bought a preamp from junk shop but needs 3 amps
i.e. left-right and a sub. I told him to use the M250 speaker protect but needs one more for the sub and i can't find single one.

Needs some help here, i am a newbee and just starting to learn some basic electronics but sure can make my own if theres enough guide to follow. A schem, pcb with parts placement will be
fine.

thanks.

john

If I understand you allready have a 2 channel protection...

Look at the inputs... I suspect you will see they are both connected to the same point.. pin on the module, only seperated by 2 resistors..... it this is the case... you can hardwire another resistor into that point to add a 3rd cahnnel...

Lol, I actualy tested a protection module to destruction levels tonight, shot a nice big chip off the chip even made a small flame, but it died quickly. (lol, pun, I know)...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.