b&k st-140 toggle switch replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi i am not a big dyi person,so i need help instaling a toggle .i thought i put it on identical but blew a house fuse.the toggle is marked 1,2,3 for conections.is there a set way to install these switches? also the unit has a attached power cord i want to put in a iec cord shoul i ground the connector?

Were you ever able to locate a replacement toggle switch for the ST-140? I am seeking to replace one where the lamp has gone out - if you know of a rocker switch replacement please let me know. (this particular ST-140 has a rocker switch and not the older-style push button switch).

As far as grounding - I added an IEC connector to an ST-140 and used only the black and white wires (no ground).

Update:

Received the purchased rocker switch and installed yesterday. Covers the hole in the front panel perfectly. Slightly shorter than the OEM switch - but still covers the opening just fine. Works perfectly!

The light in the rocker switch is not too bright - which I find distracting if your power light is glaring at you while listening to music.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.