Pioneer A400 pre-power seperation advice needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just bought a Rotel RB980-BX power amp and only have a Tandy reciever as a pre amp. My idea is to make preamp outs on my Pioneer A400 integrated as I think the preamp section on this amp should be pretty reasonable and has a MC phono input which the Tandy lacks. Has anyone done this to their A400 or other integrated and what were the results? Also can anyone point me to the point on the circuit (link below-the A400 circuit is from page 6, the A400X precedes it) where I could tap into the preamp section? Thanks.

http://www.hifiengine.com/manuals/pioneer/a400.shtml

well here's a little low quality picture (all I am allowed apparently)as a pathetic attempt to generate some interest in my question - white shrink-covered silver wiring visible. Any recommendations re source of the earth or doesnt it matter?

Attachments

• a400 pre2.jpg
    a400 pre2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 206
I finally finished this little project! I know its very basic but I am very happy with the results, and so for anyone with an A400 here are some pics. Wiring is single strand .7mm silver with heat shrink insulation. It sounds brilliant and with the Pioneer as pre and Rotal RB980-BX for power it has, as I had hoped, the delicate, pure, expansive qualities of the A400 and the sheer power of the Rotel.

Attachments

• pioneer a400 pre-power1copy small.jpg
    pioneer a400 pre-power1copy small.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 158
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.