4-part Harmony, a 9 watt class A amp using a voltage regulator IC.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
amps

Down to Circlotron ,this is a SUPER COOL thread!!!

Circlotron, If I wanted to experiment with all these, in dual mono what would you recommend as the best one channel Power supply for these purposes, as a keeper.

If essential I guess I could get tapped secondary toroids built to allow some range of high current low impedance supply.

I guess I need windings for the ocassional +/- 15V ultimate DC op-amp supplies also??? What is best for these without frying regs but with adequate headroom?

Do you have a pet DIY, super quality, lab supply you love? I want to build high quality and NOT just buy a single or dual lab supply!!

For ultimate versatility do I need dual??

thanks

Well, seeing they are a power supply reg, they have great supply rejection ;) They are about as uncritical as you can get. Don't go nuts with the supply voltage; use just enough to guarantee maximum positive output swing and that'd do, I reckon. 4700uF should be enough across the supply rail. I used ST brand regs - not sure if I mentioned that - so I can't guarantee results with another but i'd be interested to hear how you go!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.