Did I waste my bucks?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

I found a Scott 410A integrated amp at a 2nd hand store today, Price and condition is reasonable. I had the store hookup a tuner and a pr of speakers and that seems to work and the volume pot and other controls seem fine.

I'm trying to find some more info but came across a comment elsewhere about it being a pretty mediocre piece of kit.

The price paid was around 40 dollars US and there are no scuff marks or scratches. Only dirty.

Does anyone here own this amp and how do you rate it? Or did I waste my money?

Any info much appreciated.

Thks

bulgin

I don't know what transformer is in such a Scott, but if you are lucky, then it will fit the DXII amp, that your fellow countryman Nordic made PCB's for. It's a very cheap amp to build, and the reports so far sounds as if it's a one of a kind.
That way you would have a nice case, and a great amp quite cheap.
I'm sorry to say, that i haven't finished mine yet, too many projects at one time :) . Oh yeah, and i need an empty case.:D

Best regards
Ebbe:D

Oh, you already did order a set, i should have seen that one coming.:D
You make me curious, i would love to see a picture of that Scott, it sounds like you have had "luck with your bad luck" as we say here.
Maybe you even get your amp finished before me.:clown:

Best regards
Ebbe

bulgin said:
Hello Ebbe

It's been a bit frustrating as I've been unable to find any specs at all, looking in many places.

There are Service Manuals (usually with schematic & all details)
for
Scott Integrated Amplifier 410A
if you think you can afford the cost $22.32 dollars
http://www.manuals-in-pdf.com/410A-p-336464.html
Here is a list of all Scott manuals, at that site:
http://www.scott.manuals-in-pdf.com/scott-c-60.html

Whatever you do with that amplifier, at that price it was good to buy.
Either to do some interesting diy rebuild/upgrade/tweaking.
Or for re-use of case + trafo + heatsinks and whatever more.

lineup - friendly hifi regards

the service manual will cost almost the same as your amp!!

i bought a really crappy amp for R600 about 2 yrs ago

it sounded fine in the shop but when i got home and ran 4ohm speakers on it, there was NASTY crossover distortion (at low volume)

i ran 6ohm speakers on it for a while - that sounded ok-ish

now i have bridged it and run it with a car sub - just waiting for it to die then i will use the transformer and build my own amp ;)

Hello Guys

Thanks a lot for your kind replies:D Well, I brought it home - kept in a black bag until my wife had done her rounds to sniff out what came home ; - and when things calmed-down, I did a bit of cleaning up. I hooked up some speakers and a turntable and for the first 1/2 hour, the 410A sounded a bit lacklustre. Another hour later, things became much better as the ol' gal warmed up.

All controls are quiet and the only thing faulty is the meter lights. I've since seen another similar 410A with rack handles, but this will have to wait until the gutting or makeover...:)

Cheers all

bulgin

Attachments

• img_0001.jpg
    img_0001.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 329
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.