Beginner Monoblocks?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there everyone,

Well, I'm back and with more questions on amp building.

Currently I want to find a simple DIY amp project that can produce 100W+ @ 4ohms in a monoblock with class ab operation. I was wondering if anyone knew of some PCB that already fulfilled this requirement that would be a good place to start. Cost is a factor, so obviously a compromise is needed. Nothing more than $120 an amp would be nice to say the least (cheap being better, without sacrificing too much). I'd also like to avoid a chip amp for the sake of actually learning something this go.

Any ideas and suggestions?

I just finish building an amp based on the LME49810 chipset with 2SA5200/2SC1943 o/p transistors with 45Vdc you get about 100W/channel. I use 34Vdc and still it sounds very good much better than comparable power from gainclonne LM3886. I have both and make direct comparison.

I paid for a kit set with all components except transformer and power supply components. Costs US$26/channel, cheap, sound very good, good clarity, dynamics and easy to build.

If you are interested, search for LME49810 and monkey, the company is based in China and service is good. I can recommend the kit. The website is listed under monkey's profile. I am not associated with the company just a user.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.