Panzer, a new Dx Amplifier maybe born next months

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hehe.... Brazilian student party in Spain

Wife's daugther was there.

Our behavior is alike Italians, happy and noisy folks

Carlos

Attachments

• brazilian party in spain.jpg
    brazilian party in spain.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 503
Electronic grass growing image.

The amplifier is sounding lovely today.... modifications made result excelent...sounding very special.

I have sligthly difference in VBE into the output.. do not like that... despite inside the tollerances....one transistor is 575 and other is 589 milivolts....hehehe...very obsessive...but i know the total VBE matching is possible.

Off set into 2.7 milivolts...not stable...goes to 5 and down..something is wrong!

Bias is fine...38 mA each rail..with differences (normal) between them

All others transistors fine, into 575 milivolts.

Bootstrapp modified, input filter changed, bias system changed... only the start of a long run.

Today, i think can beat HRII...but we never know before we make A to B comparison... and this is for the future... just starting the research.

Today i am shocked, completelly astonished with the sound it is playing... i have problems to understand it is almost the same amplifier...well..topologie is the same... biasing changed, rail regulators inserted after that and increased sonics.... equalization changed into input... i have some reinforce of 3dB above 7 Kilohertz...now i have moved to 9 Kilohertz.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 100_5855.jpg
    100_5855.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 459
Re: Electronic grass growing image.

destroyer X said:

I have sligthly difference in VBE into the output.. do not like that... despite inside the tollerances....
one transistor is 575 and other is 589 milivolts....hehehe.

14 mV is no big problem in if is in output. Should be possible to deal with.
With some amplifier construction tricks, if needed.

Input diff pair is another piece of cake.
Here 1-2 mV is something I could live with, but certainly would not want.

Glad your listening tests are good, Destroyer X.
Our ears are the best testing gear we have .. sometimes. Sometimes not.
Another promising DX Project on the way.
.. will give us a few 1000 posts more to enjoy in forum :D
Keep up your energetic work.

Regards to Carlos in Brasil
from Sweden

Thank you Line up..... the amplifier is a mutant

everyday it is different... well..... it is a NAD... very appreciated brand...and i am trying to make it even better.

If the main circuit appearance, or schematic, had too much identities, then i will let in in peace...but if needed a lot of work to sound the way i want..then i will call the unit Panzer.

Easy when we start into an advanced point.... NAD made researches... and released wonderfull product, now easy to tweak for my taste... starting in an advanced point... starting into the point they stopped.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 100_5858.jpg
    100_5858.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 408
No, have not visited Rodd site...will go there to take a look

I love the Panzer name too.... and the name is perfect for this new try.

The original NAD was a real destroyer, as have eated hundreds of brands into the breafast...this one...if made even better...will not eat...will smash others diy amplifiers during the breakfast.

Oh pain...may smash mine units too!!!

Panzerfausten is nice name too.... also i like Obberkomand.. i like Fokker also, but may not be kind to english speaking people ... as can have other meanings....but do not know how to write.. maybe focker... focker wulf was a German airplane.

I have suggested this name to Michael Bittner..he prefered Symassym to make a node into my tongue...ahahahaah

No!... i am not Nazi...i hate Nazi... and very afraid of Germans i am....but i have to recognize they made nice airplanes and war tanks..and names are very "macho"... male names... strong names.

I hate when MikeB made choice to Symassym...i found the name of something using batton and pink shoes...you know what i mean.

I think i will have to apologize to Dx Standard, to HRII and to Precision I...but this one is promisse to smash them all.

regards,

Carlos

Now it is sounding great once again

A little bit confused...the main supply is already stabilized...electronic stabilization.

Sound is a killer today!

The off set is now stable...ahahahah..bias is floating.

Oh!... this thing will drive Charlie crazy... will give a break to me.

There are things to supress... so long i can understand the mess i have done..

More output pairs will be used...and CCS to drivers not included for a while... a lot of water may flow under this bridge to finish this one.

ahahahahah!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• panzer, the tweaked nad.pdf
    17.5 KB · Views: 125
It is playing....i have switched it off

This means it may be distorting, and the result is to turn us tired to listen.

Or maybe the environment noise and the fan i have here.... will listen low volume and early morning...will use also headphones.

Will check this latter.... develop an amplifier, even starting into something already existed produces a lot of work..hard work!

Carlos

Attachments

• o som.jpg
    o som.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 406
I had problems with my harddrive and have lost all my data

I have only old backup in CDs, and those are two years old, have not the last designs made.... some designs where into the computer simulator, so i have to make them once again, i have lost the computer informations, but i can remember and make it once again.

I have a prototype playing, but also it is not the last idea about.

The computer damage shows to me that i cannot be sitted too long, because of leg blood circulation.... will have a break into this project.

The Amplifier sounds.. i cannot tell you how good it is,l because not compared with others that i have in my home.

Will return, but will have a break because of health reasons.

regards,

Carlos

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, I think i would have newly accuired health problems if i had harddrive problems and lost my info.
My previous job entitiled 8 hours a day sitting too, yes its hard on the circulation, a doctor recommended me a natural herb for it, it is amazing. No more sore legs, headaches from looking at screen and makes mind more alert too. My father which is diabetic started to use as well with great effect, has given him new lease of life. Look it up on google *ginkgo biloba*, available any health shop or pharmacy.

Dont forget to let us know the results

Alex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.