Need some help fixing this amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry if this isn't the right forum to post this in but I know there's a wealth of knowledge here and I'm sure someone can help a fellow DIYer out (I'm more into speaker DIY).

I purchased this HK Signature 2.1 amplifier for $160 shipped a little over a year ago in anticipation of my new theater room. Well, the time has come and I need to fix this bugger. Four of the five channels work perfectly. I'm going to attach a picture of the inside of the amp from the seller when I purchased it. I also opened the chasis about a year ago and saw the same thing. On the left you will see two green resistors burnt up along with a yellow capacitor.

My question is, could a novice like myself fix this or should I take it somewhere? Shipping is a problem as this thing weighs about 50 lbs. Can it even be fixed?

Thanks.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I figured I'd attach another picture to see the whole picture.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.