128w 8ohms X 2 amp, sound nice, great amp - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th May 2008, 08:13 AM   #21
quoydoy is offline quoydoy  United States
diyAudio Member

Dear Engineer Space2000,

I love your little symphony of the electrons...working together as a single unit to amplify your music for your enjoyment.

Congratulations to you, Sir.

(Tips hat)

Best wishes,

Brian
Old 11th May 2008, 08:20 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Default It is not impossible to reach more than 400 watts over 2 ohms

You can see here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...98#post1506998

I want you happy, and also want you to be proud of our www.diyaudio.com solid state forum... i have learned here all i know...i am one of the forum results..... enjoy a forum friend amplifier and please, be happy, dance, smile and make love as the last time in your life...enjoy the life, it is short!

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_5698 small.jpg (60.4 KB, 826 views)
Old 11th May 2008, 08:28 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Carlos is our diyAudio mythbuster
Old 11th May 2008, 09:20 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Default I love deeply this Discovery Channel program

I do not loose any chapter.... missing that blond thin girl that was lovely and knew very well science and how to solder...and the one that was not pretty enougth to television image.... not happy with the new hair style into the blond Italian..... also the quality is going down..... they are only producing explosions now a days.

But i do not loose Mythbusters.... and i use to listen it in English to improve the language understanding..... i am loosing 30 percent... very bad understanding of US people speaking.

regards,

Carlos
Old 11th May 2008, 09:20 AM   #25
Vivek is offline Vivek  India
diyAudio Member

Is the Precision I good for HT subwoofer use?
Old 11th May 2008, 09:27 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Default Yeah...it can be used to HT and sub woofer

But i would prefer the Dx turbo that has more deep, more loosen, more long, less Hi fidelity bass reproduction but seems to be an "earthquake"..... depends on your musical taste...if you need precision...the exactly sound from the instrument, then go to the Precision I.....but if you prefer an oil barrel sound.... those long drums sound... alike those Japanese drums you can listen watching the movie Pearl Harbor...them the lower fidelity (in comparison with the Precision I) Dx Turbo, or even modified Dx Standard will be better.

Some filter into the input, or filtering into the amplifier feedback line would be interesting.... i have not made it...but two 2K2 resistances in series with the input and 220N between them to the ground may filter high frequencies very well...or attenuate them a lot.

Uops!>... thread not mine...talking too much here..sorry...i am going...... gone!

regards,

Carlos.
Old 11th May 2008, 11:30 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Michael, you had some problems with the resistor blowing up or something. How did you sort it out?

Vivek
Old 11th May 2008, 01:54 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

hi,

thanks to all.

i had few problem with resister and diods, it is not about the circuit fault, it was human error, means me. it was shorted very finely until i checked with my telescope eypiece and found when i had cut the board, there was a thin line can't see properly, so my diods got barned and two transistors too but when i changed it, i didn't see clearly that it was 1n4001, it is actually 50v...it dsn't works for it,,,it should be 1n4004 so i changed it again and it works fine, i did spend lots of time for it to works. its works fine until now. but there still much more to be done, i can understand this, you know i am not an electronics engineer. i will do it slowly and very pcncly. i also need to change the board for btr sound qualtiy. its already producing good sound without any noise. i still need to fine tune for power transister voltage.

i believe there is nothings is impossible. i will make it as a nice amp, it dsn't about the money or hows much i spend on it, it is call classic and art. i like the sound quality.

DX just mesion that "DX-terbo" has btr sound quality, i would like to try it even, where can i find dx-tarbo circuit?

i like to take risk in electronics. like to learn too.

thank you again for all those words writen in this forum. i just loved it.

regards
michael
Old 11th May 2008, 02:25 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Default Dx Turbo has not better quality compared to Precision I it is a piece of junk

Dx Amplifier and Dx Turbo have a different bass.... worse bass if you think in high fidelity...it is longer than normal.... loosen, uncontroled but deep as the last down deep Hell cave..with the voice of thousand Dragons spelling fire by the enormous woofer noses!...the sound of the damn earthquake, the voice of devil in the hell... the thunderstorm.

It is not so High quality as Precision I...but there are folks that loves it.

I would use Dx Turbo for subwoofer purposes, HRII for treble front and hear channels and will let the mids for the Precision I... all those units plays nice sound...but each one of them have the strongest points.... those three together will result unbeatable in my point of view....of course will depend the speaker and home ambience, home acoustics, and also a good ballance of levels into those three main frequency bands.

regards,

Carlos
Old 11th May 2008, 04:39 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Hi Carlos,
I could not find the schematics and PCB layout for the DX turbo. Could you please help me out?
Could you also tell me how much power the DX turbo puts out?

Thanks,
Vivek.

Hide this!Advertise here!