question on upgrading old board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, newby question for everyone. WHat would be an upgrade in quality from a " JRC 4558dy" op amp

I know very little about what I am looking for in compatibility between op-amps.

the reason I ask is I have a old Yamaha MR1642 that needs work, I want to try to upgrade a few things on it to help my DIY skills, before I tackle something that I would care if I destroyed.

anyone know where I can get schematics for such a board?

Thanks ALOT!!! :)

can you upgrade transistors aswell? they have some "A970 BLo" Transistors in them.

also I have come to the understanding that the power supply has a lot to do with the performance of the components, how true is that and what would be a good power supply and power transformer to use to power the modules . How does powering multiple modules affect the power supply? I want to power 4 - 8 modules with one power supply.

I have seen these power supplies on Five fish studios called PSU-2448 how well would this work?

Upgrading transistors isnt recommended as the specifics of the parts used will be relied upon. A970 will be 2SA970, which is a pretty good small signal transistor (you might find C2240 on there too).

Opamps - don't go overboard. Try either TL072 as suggested, or NE5532. Anything more pricey isn't warranted and might make the circuit unstable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.