TDA2030 for high power amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lets see, you have forgotten the ground on the power supply
again. And the power supply voltage is too high.

The tda2030 data sheet says a maximum of +/-18 volts.
Which means in bridge mode about 150 watts rms maximum
into 4 ohms. You can parallel all the output transistors
you want and you will not get more than 150 watts.

There is (or was) a national semiconductor driver chip that
would allow you to build a bridge mode amp capable
of more than 800 watts rms into 4 ohms.

Why do you keep looking at the cheapest crap possible?

What will it take to get it thru your head that efficiency
over power wins every time?

"Lets see, you have forgotten the ground on the power supply
again. "

Only needs a ground path for the input bias, and its here. The two 2.2K resistors.

Use a pair of 3886 and raise the supply voltage to 80V, with three paralleled MJ15003/15004 for each transistor shown (0.22R emitter resistors on each), this would do 800W/2R.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
can i add a power transistors to the STK465 to make high power output.... transistors like MJ15003/4 for 4 ohm speakers..

Attachments

• stk.gif
    stk.gif
    18.4 KB · Views: 787
DJ BassAmp,

HOW MUCH POWER are you wanting? What are you trying to do besides reinvent the wheel. Please tell us what you want so someone here can point you to a project that you can build and be happy with. What do you want? Your posts are so scatter-brained that we are all confused. People have been more than patient and helpful but I warn you, someday you'll wear out your welcome and no one will want to help you. Pick a project and go with it.

Chris

It appears that DJ only knows how to ask questions and not answer some for him..... How rude............ I'm not just typing for my health here.... I had some serious questions that I think he should have the manners to answer. Hell, we answer your questions........ DJ.........

Chris

The circuit in post #1 was taken from an old electronics cookbook which included a variety of TDA2030 circuits. This one is special, as the voltage drop across power supply series resistors (due to the current draw of the power opamp chip) is taken to control the output transistors. I suspect it doesn't sound very good but who am I to judge without building the circuit ;)

DJ: You are obviously still looking for a high power amplifier... There was some good advice in previous threads where you already asked the same questions. Do you want to ask as long as someone gives you bad advice?

I posted the schematics of the PA-600. It's a simple yet powerful amplifier. With our help you should be able to build it. But you have to learn to be patient when you want to build rugged and safe electronics.

If you think you need more than 600W/4Ohm/channel, I'd be interested why. If you think you need 1.800W RMS because that's written on the cone of your woofers, build a good quality 300W amplifier and write 2.000W RMS on its frontplate. It doesn't matter because the manufacturer of your woofer did a similar thing.

I hope this doesn't sound rude. I'm trying to help. There was a time when I was a "DJ" myself ;) Good advice at that time would have saved me a lot of money.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.