Pro audio amp for full range speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got a super good deal on a pair of DCM TF-2000's. This is a 5-ft tall transmission line style speaker. They are a low sensitivity, 8ohm speaker rated for....you ready for this? 1000wpc! They sound great w/ my Sansui 9090 (110wpc), they seem to lack dynamics at high volume. I can go past 3/4 volume on the Sansui with no distortion or clipping. The bass is nice and tight, but somewhat "reserved". It just seems like I just plain need more headroom (POWER!). Since I can only afford a cheap sub-woofer, I'd rather not dirty up the sound with muddy bass, I just want more out of the speaker itself.

Which brings me to my original point. Since I really can't afford a 300+wpc home amp, what about a pro audio amp? They have the same impressive spec's as home audio but for around $200(used), I can feed the DCM's over 300wpc. I've read a few posts where people use them for full range speaks and are really happy with it. I've love to hear from those of you who do. What brand(s) would offer good full range sound w/o being bright or harsh? Don't forget, we can't get too exotic or expensive, I'm trying to find something local.
Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.