Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd May 2008, 03:03 PM   #1
JakeB is offline JakeB  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Need parts located, Carver PM 1.5 and Kenwood M2a

My tech is having repairing a couple of units for me.

"One of the output transistors for the M2A is no longer available. The part number is DAT1018P. The complement which we also need is DAT1018N. If I search on the internet, I can find them but only in large lots. Maybe see what you can find.

I am also having problems finding the MJ10023's for the Carver that I need and reasonally priced. 2 are required. I can order generic replacements for $40 each."

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can certainly get more information for anyone looking to help.

Jake
Old 4th May 2008, 03:22 PM   #2
djk is offline djk
diyAudio Member

Buy the crossreference part at $40 each.

For myself, I would adapt an $8~$10 IGBT or Hexfet (less than 100mR RDS) in a TO247 package. That would take time and end up costing you more.

The Kenwood outputs were stupidly expensive when they were available. It's possible to adapt pairs of 200W TO3P to replace them.

Hide this!Advertise here!